WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Windows 10 fucking sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoprophagousCop

No one's nose knows it snows.
Premium
My Windows 10 computer has been booting up without the mouse cursor again. It takes a few minutes to load. It's possibly a glitch from a Windows update, so sigh, I might have to back up my limited data and restore to factory settings.
But have you tried another mouse yet?

CoprophagousCop

Premium
My Windows 10 computer intermittently locks up due to either a defective sound card or a bad driver. I have been keeping track of how long it takes for this to happen. To make my life easier, I wrote a simple program to display the Up time, that is, the time since Windows was started, in the bottom right corner of the screen. The programs works just as I planned, but ...

Due to an apparent bug in Windows 10, the Up time does not always reset to zero when Windows 10 boots up!
It is wrong in the Task Manager as well! :mad::mad::mad:

• ORLY?
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Maybe your programming has a glitch in it too.
My program simply calls KERNEL32.GetTickCount() to get the number of milliseconds since Windows started and divides that by 60000 to get the number of minutes. I suspect the Task Manager does the same thing.

If I Restart the computer, the tick count seems to get reset to zero, but if I Turn Off the computer, the tick count does not always reset when I turn the computer back on. It will show the time elapsed since the time I last restarted the computer.

EDIT: @ThisIsBananas: I think you face palmed this post just because you do not know anything about programming. :nod:

Last edited:
  • Face Palm

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Let's face it. Windows from Micro$oft was always, and still is a bunch of crap. But they made it that way on purpose, it's the only system that is available on a large scale. Why? If it worked perfect, they'd be out of bussiness.
So they keep tampering around it, update after update. And removing useful things, so you can become angry about it.
Where the fuck is that bluetooth toggle button!? Well.. Shit happens every day. Grow over it. Relax, and take it the easy way...
May the kindness of the noobies be with you... 🆒:p

• Taters!

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Sometimes my Windows 10 computer crashes and restarts. I think it's because of Youtube.
No, system is overheating. Don't put bananas in the cooling system! :roflmao:

BTW. Is there anyone under the audience that got a relevant answer by Windows help? I never did. That's for sure.
Windows Help is like a bad guide. You are in the middle of a huge jungle, and if you ask for a way out,
they only bring you deeper and deeper in the shit.

• Agree

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
Windows Notification: Your Windows 10 computer has a virus! Click here for details.
* clicks notification *
Windows 10: Your computer has been scanned and there are no viruses.

Jung

???
Premium
My program simply calls KERNEL32.GetTickCount() to get the number of milliseconds since Windows started and divides that by 60000 to get the number of minutes. I suspect the Task Manager does the same thing.

If I Restart the computer, the tick count seems to get reset to zero, but if I Turn Off the computer, the tick count does not always reset when I turn the computer back on. It will show the time elapsed since the time I last restarted the computer.

EDIT: @ThisIsBananas: I think you face palmed this post just because you do not know anything about programming. :nod:
I wonder how it's stored in systeminfo.

Do you get the same result from
Code:
   systeminfo | @find "System Boot Time"

• Helpful
Reactions: CoprophagousCop

CoprophagousCop

Premium
I wonder how it's stored in systeminfo.

Do you get the same result from
Code:
   systeminfo | @find "System Boot Time"
systeminfo gives the same result as my program and what is shown in Windows Task Manager on the Performance tab as "Up time").
(I did a little digging and found that systeminfo calls the [email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]() method in fastprox.dll and passes it the property name "LastBootUpTime".)

To clarify what I had previously written, when I right click on the Start/Windows button and select Shut down or sign out -> Restart, the next time I boot up Windows 10, the System Boot Time correctly shows the date and time of when Windows just started. If I unplug my computer while Windows is running (I have to do this often because it locks up.), the System Boot Time is also correct the next time I boot up. However, if I shut down my computer by selecting Shut down or sign out -> Shut down, the System Boot Time is wrong the next time I boot up. It still shows the last time I started Windows by selecting Restart or just after I had unplugged my computer. It seems that when I gracefully shut down Windows 10, it stores something to tell itself not to reset the System Boot Time the next time around. This makes no freakin' sense!

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
I ended up replacing my mouse, and I don't have any mouse cursor issues. However, Windows 10 started lagging during startup, and certain games won't boot up. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to reinstall Windows 10 anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: CoprophagousCop

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Try getting a Mac. They don't get viruses!
I have only connected my Windows 10 computer to the internet once to register it with Dell / Microsoft. The only applications that I have installed on it are ones that I personally wrote from scratch, with the exception of SNDREC32.EXE which I copied from a computer running Windows XP that has also never been connected to the internet. I use this computer exclusively for playing music. So, no, there are no viruses on it. The problems that I am experiencing were created by Dell and / or Microsoft.

Gone-A-Ria

Girls are great!
I have only connected my Windows 10 computer to the internet once to register it with Dell / Microsoft. The only applications that I have installed on it are ones that I personally wrote from scratch, with the exception of SNDREC32.EXE which I copied from a computer running Windows XP that has also never been connected to the internet. I use this computer exclusively for playing music. So, no, there are no viruses on it. The problems that I am experiencing were created by Dell and / or Microsoft.
One time I got a Mac and it was awesome! Down with PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.