WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

wire surgery

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
so my dog ate the xbox wire. im trying to put it back together. think it will work?

i posted a picture as an attachment of one of the ends.

bnccoder

Postaholic
If you connect all the wires correctly it will.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i wont have to sod it and it will bring strong enough?

bnccoder

Postaholic
Be sure and wrap each pair of wires good with electrical tape and make sure that if the wire is pulled that it won't pull them apart.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i was going to twist the wires and then put electrical tape just on the outside. not each individual wire

you really think its necessary to put it on every wire?

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I had a friend that had a puppy chew his Xbox Live headset. He used a soddering iron and it works perfectly now.

As for "needing to put it on every wire", if you want it to work normally, yes...every wire.

On an unrelated note:

Mod: Move thread -> Computing Chamber?

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
What wire did the dog eat? There's three that I can think of: Controller wire, power cord and the TV hookup.

If it was one of the first two it'd be easier to just replace them. If it's the TV hookup you can replace that as well... just have to get creative as to where you get it from. Ebay would be a good start.

One clickity

Two Clickity

Three Clickity

You could also try BestBuy, Circuit City etc... people have Xbox's. People have dogs. You're not the first person having to deal with it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
icka said:
so my dog ate the xbox wire. im trying to put it back together. think it will work?

i posted a picture as an attachment of one of the ends.
If you can find the pinouts, yeah, you're in luck. If it's a controller, both the XBox and the Dreamcast use a modified USB pinout so it's no too hard. If that's the A/V cable (which I doubt), you may go to hell and back.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
icka said:
i was going to twist the wires and then put electrical tape just on the outside. not each individual wire

you really think its necessary to put it on every wire?

Usually you can't have the wires touching or they short out and won't work....