WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wireless Optical Keyboard/Mouse

magnolia

Postaholic
I got a wireless keyboard and mouse at Wal-Mart that was supposed to be for my Grad. present. But when we went to set it up the keyboard wasn't working. We returned that one thinking that it was just faulty. But we exchanged it for a new one and now that isn't working either. I'm getting frustrated with it. So now I'm just going to get a keyboard and a mouse with wires.

Why doesn't it work. They're supposed to be compatible with my computer, but obviously they aren't. How annoying. :(

Jung

???
Premium
magnolia said:
Why doesn't it work. They're supposed to be compatible with my computer, but obviously they aren't. How annoying. :(
What mouse/keyboard did you get? Did it have batteries that need charging? Is it Bluetooth or RF?

Without knowing that I have no clue why your mouse won't work. :p

magnolia

Postaholic
junglizm said:
What mouse/keyboard did you get? Did it have batteries that need charging? Is it Bluetooth or RF?

Without knowing that I have no clue why your mouse won't work. :p
Lets see... the brand is "Micro Innovations", It has a 129-key ID (whatever that is) and it came with brand new batteries. I don't know what a Bluetooth of an RF are, so I can't tell you if it's one of those.

Jung

???
Premium
Well you need to see if it mentions Bluetooth in the manual, because if your computer doesn't support Bluetooth it'll never work. I'm sure it specifies in the manual.

Is there a model number on the box somewhere?

magnolia

Postaholic
Modle # KB985W

I looked through the user's manual and I didn't see anything in there about bluetooth. I'll look again though. Maybe I missed it.

Jung

???
Premium
# MICRO INNOVATIONS KB985W -- Now you can enjoy a free, untethered relationship with your computer. The MICRO INNOVATIONS Micro Wireless Office Solution combines a wireless Keyboard and a wireless mouse, for a newfound liberation from Desktop constraint and clutter. Operates instantly and accurately within a two meter range via RF ( Radio Frequency ) signals
# 27MHz Receiver with PS/2 connector
# No direct line of sight required
# Keyboard includes Office, Internet & Multimedia Hotkeys
# Step-n-Scroll Wheel Technology
# Includes 2 AA & 2 AAA batteries, Drivers on Floppy disc, User manual
# Battery life: Up to 6 months at 30 minutes per day
# Compatibility: PC with Pentium II class processor running Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP Operating system
# Lifetime limited Warranty
That says it uses RF... Did you install the drivers that came with it? Try rebooting after you installed them?

magnolia

Postaholic
Yeah. We did everything it said to do so many times. It never worked. Well, it worked for a min, then it stopped working and we couldn't get it working again. I just don't understand why it won't work with my computer.

Jung

???
Premium
Are you using it with USB (flat square connector) or PS2 (round connector)? I never could get my wireless mouse to work with the latter, maybe that's your problem?

Honestly though, I've never even heard of that company before... You'd probably be better off with something from Logitech or Microsoft.

magnolia

Postaholic
We tried both the flat connector and the round connector. I had my bf look at it too cuz he built his computer. He said what you said too. So we'll probobly just go back and get the Logitech one cuz it's only like $12 more.

logitech is good, but be careful, they can crap out at the most random times.