WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wisdom Teeth

magnolia

Postaholic
My wisdom teeth have been comming in for the last year and a half. But today they just ache and so do the molars around them. I don't really know why either. I have a headache too. Is this something to be worried about? I took an allergy pill just in case it had to do with allergies. *sigh* *winces in pain* :(

The pain is probably a sign that there isn't enough room in your mouth for the wisdom teeth. You're going to be amongst countless others (including myself) who have had to have their wisdom teeth pulled. I highly recommend seeing a dentist and getting his opinion, though, since they are the professionals.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
When i was in boot camp we had of 84 people. Only 4 did not need there wisdom teeth pulled. Nice odds ehh. My advice is go to a dentist and have him look. If nothing else he can give you some pain killers for to stop the pain.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
I had that same problem too mag, until I had all mine removed. It wasnt that bad either, only really bad pain I had was when I had to bite down on the gauze for the first 3 days to stop the blood from clotting and all that pressure fuckin killed me >.<

sinamon said:
I had that same problem too mag, until I had all mine removed. It wasnt that bad either, only really bad pain I had was when I had to bite down on the gauze for the first 3 days to stop the blood from clotting and all that pressure fuckin killed me >.<
Oh man, you just made me remeber that! Ow!! That part does suck mucho, but it will pass. Within two or three days you'll be back up and about feeling normal again except for gauze in your mouth and having to wash the holes with a syringe. You'll be alright. Just be sure to see a dentist!

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
I had all four out at once, mine actually went pretty smoothly. at first it was hard to open my mouth when I was eating but after a day or so that got better and better. You won't regret it if you get the surgery. plus once it's over, you will forget any pain you had after a while. Take tylenol though it'll help with the soreness afterwards.

You probably should go through with the surgury though, the pain isn't going to go away if the teeht are coming in wrong or your mouth is gettign too crowded. Good luck!

</rant>

Tenderony
I dont have/wont get wisdom teeth. But my gf had them, she said they hurt like hell.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
magnolia said:
My wisdom teeth have been comming in for the last year and a half. But today they just ache and so do the molars around them. I don't really know why either. I have a headache too. Is this something to be worried about? I took an allergy pill just in case it had to do with allergies. *sigh* *winces in pain* :(
You should have your wisdom teeth removed while your in your teen years!!

I had mine removed when I was 16 and what a mother fucker it is!!! I ain't gonna BS you it sucks!

Slacker

Postaholic
magnolia said:
WTF!? That is happening to me too it hurts and I can barely open my mouth with out it hurting like a bitch. It sucks, first I thought that I would have to go to the dentist but then I notice new teeth coming in.

magnolia

Postaholic
Linksy said:
WTF!? That is happening to me too it hurts and I can barely open my mouth with out it hurting like a bitch. It sucks, first I thought that I would have to go to the dentist but then I notice new teeth coming in.
I know. And I grind my teeth in my sleep. So I wake up almost screaming cuz it hurts so badly.

And I probobly will get them pulled eventually, but last time I went to the dentist I asked about having them pulled and they said they wouldn't do it just yet cuz they're comming up so slowly and they want to see if they actually come in all the way. I think they just wanna wait and do em all at the same time. Which makes sense. (I only have like 1.5 in right now.)

Thank god I got mine out when I was 12 and they just little bb's. My sister didn't get hers out until her late teens and the day after she decided she was feeling well enough to eat solid food, so she decides to eat some rice and other food composed of small particles. A couple days go by and he mouth starts to hurt really bad so she goes to the dentist and has to have the, by then rotten, food removed from the sockets. From what I gathered dry sockets are none to fun.