WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Woman drinking Listerine arrested for drunk driving.

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw110098_20050114.htm
ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) -- A woman who admitted drinking three glasses of Listerine mouthwash had a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit when she was arrested for drunken driving, police said Friday.

The woman, identified by police Sgt. Mike Shadbolt as 50-year-old Carol A. Ries of Adrian, was arrested Sunday night and released on personal bond the next day. She was to be arraigned late next week on a misdemeanor charge of operating under the influence of liquor, Shadbolt said.

Police also found an open bottle of Listerine in Ries' car, and asked Lenawee County prosecutors Friday to authorize a warrant charging her with having an open intoxicant in a motor vehicle, Shadbolt said. Calls to the prosecutor's office were not answered after business hours.

Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

She failed a second test using different equipment and, under further questioning, admitted to drinking three glasses of Listerine earlier in the day, Shadbolt said.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors. Other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

Penalties for a first-time drunken driving conviction include a maximum 93 days in jail, $500 fine, 360 hours of community service, six points on a driver's license and 180 days with a suspended license. Shadbolt did not know if Ries had previous convictions.

People are fucking idiots. :(

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
You are not suppose to drink that shit! People are just getting dumber by the fucking minute. Insane.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
So, you can't buy beer or liquor till you're 21, but mouthwash is ok for anyone to purchase.

See how stupid laws are?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
voiceofreason said:
So, you can't buy beer or liquor till you're 21, but mouthwash is ok for anyone to purchase.

See how stupid laws are?
I'm surprised so many people are surprised by this. I thought this was common knowledge. Way back in the day we always made sure to pack large bottles of Listerine when going on school-related week-long field trips, like to the new england area or to DC. It was nasty, but sure made the evenings that much more fun on the trips. If the teachers ever stopped by to check in, all we had to do was clear the table of the mouth-wash bottle and the dixie cups. They never knew or suspected anything. They figured we were playing regular card games.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
BRiT said:
I'm surprised so many people are surprised by this. I thought this was common knowledge. Way back in the day we always made sure to pack large bottles of Listerine when going on school-related week-long field trips, like to the new england area or to DC. It was nasty, but sure made the evenings that much more fun on the trips. If the teachers ever stopped by to check in, all we had to do was clear the table of the mouth-wash bottle and the dixie cups. They never knew or suspected anything. They figured we were playing regular card games.
kids aren't creative anymore

Jung

???
Premium
I'm just surprised that a 50 year old woman was drinking Listerine. I can understand some wily kids drinking it to sneak a buzz in, but a grown woman? I also have to wonder if she though drinking Listerine would lessen her chance of getting a DWI. Either way, it's just plain stupidity.
_Kitana_ said:
kids aren't creative anymore
I seriously doubt that's even remotely true. Kids seem to get into more trouble, in more ways, these days than I ever thought of when I was younger. Think about it.

I guess I was an uncreative child though, because I know I never drank mouth wash.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
it would be an interesting shit the day after drinking a bottle of listerine... it'd be blue!!!

also, doesn't it sting when you piss???

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Hah! Listerine! There's something I've never heard before. Maybe because I've never actually used listerine... but its still pretty funny. If you are 50 years old, why don't you just get a handle of Odesse if you want to drink something shitty.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
I'm just surprised that a 50 year old woman was drinking Listerine. I can understand some wily kids drinking it to sneak a buzz in, but a grown woman? I also have to wonder if she though drinking Listerine would lessen her chance of getting a DWI. Either way, it's just plain stupidity.

I seriously doubt that's even remotely true. Kids seem to get into more trouble, in more ways, these days than I ever thought of when I was younger. Think about it.

I guess I was an uncreative child though, because I know I never drank mouth wash.

diffrents between creative fun and destruction. Kids like to destroy and stupid shit that gets people killed and stuff..

Sigh

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
diffrents between creative fun and destruction. Kids like to destroy and stupid shit that gets people killed and stuff..

Sigh
Yeah, i know the difference. I just don't see any evidence that kids today are any less creative. You misinterpreted what I said though.

Personally, I don't think drinking mouthwash is creative, so much as stupid. But maybe that's just me...

(No offense if you did it as a child though.)

XsweetnessX

Banned - What an Asshat!
man i cant even rinse my mouth out with that shit let alone drink 3 fucken glasses

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Can you imagine horking up a load of that shit? Damn!
Hmm...26.9% alkeehol? Nah,fuckdat!

I suppose for all you cheap buzz fuckers out there,it doesn't mean much that the bottle says right on it;
"Incase of ingestion,contact your local poison center." Drink up.

Descent

Hella Constipated
BRiT said:
Oh my god...that's great! HAHAHA! Jesus Christ, getting drunk on a school trip.

Man...That deserves immortality status on WTF Survivor.

"And now...The Listerine mouthwash challenge!

BRiT already passed this test when he was eight, so we'll see what happens!

Oh my god...Descent dropped out!

Descent said:
I think alchohol tastes like piss.
It's DG, CL, Max, GF, Broken, and Junglizm on an epic race to get buzzed! What's this?

BRiT JUST SNATCHED THE BOTTLES OFF THE TABLE AND CONSUMED FIVE WHOLE GLASSES! WE HAVE A WINNER, FOLKS!"

Man, if only...

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
We paid a teacher to bring alcohol for us. For our graduation trip to Orlando Florida. (Disney) He brought alcohol, cigarettes and weed for us into the theme park. I guess we were creative in another level of creativity. :thumbsup:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
ChilianFuckFace said:
We paid a teacher to bring alcohol for us. For our graduation trip to Orlando Florida. (Disney) He brought alcohol, cigarettes and weed for us into the theme park. I guess we were creative in another level of creativity. :thumbsup:
WTF?! What school did you go to?

"Our Blessed Lady of pain and suffering Correctional Center"?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
gehtfuct said:
WTF?! What school did you go to?

"Our Blessed Lady of pain and suffering Correctional Center"?
hahahaah that is pretty funny.

No I went to a local public high school in Florida. He was a very weird and crazy teacher. I heard he got fired. I wonder why.

The high school I went was a very crazy high school. We made the local news once for a 200+ people fight. It was white againsts blacks. The Hispanics helped out the blacks and we kicked the shit out of them. It was pretty fucked up. It broke up the school into two races. There were a few arrests. :thumbsdn:

ChilianFuckFace said:
. We made the local news once for a 200+ people fight. It was white againsts blacks. The Hispanics helped out the blacks and we kicked the shit out of them. It was pretty fucked up. It broke up the school into two races. There were a few arrests. :thumbsdn:
What the hell caused that? :confused: