WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

woot for the sox

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
WHITE SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!

The game last night was the most amazing game I have seen for ages.14 innings, 5:40
7-5 sox....WOW!
we were trailing 0-4 in the 4th and then bam! we lead 5-4 after a 7 hit 5 run 5th. They tie the game in the 8th and then in the 14th, Blum hits a homerun and we get a walk with all the baese loaded

series 3-0 sox.
sorry, but im really excited. This game is nothing short of orgasmic:thumbsup:

Good thing this isn't a Red Sox thread, or I would have had to punch you.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
the white sox sweep the fukin red sox :D

I don't watch baseball.... but yeah sure...go sox....w/e.

/me shrugs

skullmaster said:
the white sox sweep the fukin red sox :D
Being a New England resident, I can tell you there are no true Red Sox or Yankees fans. Everyone jumps on the Red Sox bandwagon as they come in first in the regular season in their division and blow it in the playoffs quickly. And everyone just likes the Yankees because they win all the time.

But who cares, like Taylor says, baseball sucks anyway, so what's the point.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
TheLampIncident said:
Being a New England resident, I can tell you there are no true Red Sox or Yankees fans. Everyone jumps on the Red Sox bandwagon as they come in first in the regular season in their division and blow it in the playoffs quickly. And everyone just likes the Yankees because they win all the time.

:eek:
omfg.you have to be kidding me.
well it isnt as good as cricket :) or basketball :D
so i guess......

keebs

Particinator
TheLampIncident said:

thats not true, first off im a Detroit Tigers fan, before any other team, and i am also a fan of the red soxs, for the reason of I HATE THE FUCKING YANKEES, they are everything that is wrong with sports. and baseball is a great sport, a long season over all of summer and fall. 32 teams fighting it out. so many great games, and the playoffs are the best part of the year. (except im not a fan of ether team in the world series this year oh well, it be cool to see a manager like Ozzie Guillen win)

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
First a disclaimer; I'm from the suburbs of Chicago and the Cubs are my favorite team. I've also rooted for the Sox throughout my life, being as my parents took me to both Cubs and Sox games in my youth. But you can't have two favorite teams, it's just impossible. And anyone from a city with two major league teams in any one sport will tell you, you gotta choose sides. I am an anomaly, rooting for both teams. Sox fans can't stand the Cubs. Cubs fans are more ambivalent in general. People think I'm a freak when I tell them I like the Sox also. I'll put it this way, if the Cubs played the Sox in the World Series (Fat chance of that) I would root for the Cubs. Barring that I root for any team with Chicago on their uniforms. So go Chicago White Sox!! (And yes, I'm jealous it's not the Cubs).

go the white sox

yea, dont know who they are, but if its baseball then im interested. :thumbsup:

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
Then turn on Fox now, Sox are winning!

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
AND THE SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES.....
we are having a 40 grand party hosted by one of the sox members.
HAAAAAA
one of our frat brothers knows someone on the white sox team (undisclosed)
and the are hosting a party,

BTW it is possible to be both a sox and cubs fan.
i live inhyde park and i support ALL the chicago teams with equal enthusiasm.
oh yeah and if you live in the suburbs, you arent from chicago
*chicagoans sick of those suburbanites saying the are from chicago*:mfinger: