Working on the 4th of July sucks

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
I had work from 2-10 today in the dishroom where I work(and no, I'm not one of those failure guys, I'm a 17 year old so don't jump to conclusions). It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but I was still let down that we got more business than I thought, and I didn't get to leave as early as I thought we would, and I didn't get to see fireworks or have a cookout.

Anyone else have to work today?

Reqium

Tenderony
Shit like that sucks. I had to work Canada Day. I missed alot. Best thing to do is have a BBQ the next day or some shit with your friends.

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
They also declared today a holiday because our Independence Day was on a Sunday this year, and I was alone in there for seven hours getting dumped on. Also sucked. Thankfully, I now have two days off.

magnolia

Postaholic
I worked dishing for 16 hrs. this weekend and it was HELL! Not only that, I worked dishing again today for a 6 hr. shift and I only get tuesday and friday off. I work the same hours next weekend. There are 4 fricking dishers. Work some of them too. GRRRRR!

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
Well, hey, it's not like I work a full time job. I was supposed to work tomorrow night, but I had a friend cover because it's my mom's birthday, and we're going to dinner.

Speaking of working 16 hours, during the school year, my work schedule was 2-10 on Saturday and Sunday. So I'd have five days of school, then two days of work. No days off. Gawd daim.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Yeah, well I had to work sat 6 30-12am, July 4th, 10 30 am- 7 pm, and today, 11-3 which wasnt bad.