WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Working on the 4th of July sucks

I had work from 2-10 today in the dishroom where I work(and no, I'm not one of those failure guys, I'm a 17 year old so don't jump to conclusions). It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but I was still let down that we got more business than I thought, and I didn't get to leave as early as I thought we would, and I didn't get to see fireworks or have a cookout.

Anyone else have to work today?

Reqium

Tenderony
Shit like that sucks. I had to work Canada Day. I missed alot. Best thing to do is have a BBQ the next day or some shit with your friends.

I work holidays... just cause i can... and i know it annoys everybody else :sword:

They also declared today a holiday because our Independence Day was on a Sunday this year, and I was alone in there for seven hours getting dumped on. Also sucked. Thankfully, I now have two days off.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
TheLampIncident said:
Thankfully, I now have two days off.
you can get 2 days off...in a ROW!???
holy shit if i could be so lucky

magnolia

Postaholic
I worked dishing for 16 hrs. this weekend and it was HELL! Not only that, I worked dishing again today for a 6 hr. shift and I only get tuesday and friday off. I work the same hours next weekend. There are 4 fricking dishers. Work some of them too. GRRRRR!

Well, hey, it's not like I work a full time job. I was supposed to work tomorrow night, but I had a friend cover because it's my mom's birthday, and we're going to dinner.

Speaking of working 16 hours, during the school year, my work schedule was 2-10 on Saturday and Sunday. So I'd have five days of school, then two days of work. No days off. Gawd daim.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Yeah, well I had to work sat 6 30-12am, July 4th, 10 30 am- 7 pm, and today, 11-3 which wasnt bad.