WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Worlds Tallest Bridge Inaugurated

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
AP

MILLAU, France - Thundering fighter jets streamed the blue, white and red of the French tricolor as President Jacques Chirac on Tuesday dedicated the world's tallest bridge, a skyway span dwarfing the Eiffel Tower by more than 50 feet.

Ahead of its public opening Thursday, the Millau bridge in southern France has been celebrated as a work of art combining the strength of cement and steel with the "delicacy of a butterfly."

Images of the bridge, which dominates the Rhone Valley countryside for miles, have appeared in national media for days.

Stretching 1.6 miles through France's Massif Central mountains, the bridge will enable motorists to take a drive 891 feet above the Tarn River valley.

Chirac underscored the national pride stirred by the bridge by lifting a French flag from its ceremonial plaque, followed by air force jets trailing the colors of France.

"This exceptional opening will go down in industrial and technological history," Chirac said, praising the designers and builders for creating "a prodigy of art and architecture — a new emblem of French civil engineering."

The bridge will serve as a symbol of "a modern and conquering France," he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's a new target.

"a modern and conquering France,", oh that Jacques! funny guy...

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
I guess that their fighter planes can be used for something after all! WHO KNEW???!!!??? Either way they are OBVIOUSLY making up for some inadequacy! HA! :p YAY FREEDOM FRIES!!!!!

breakology

Kiss my Converse
The bridge will serve as a symbol of "a modern and conquering France
I'm glad they finally feel they finally conquered something (besides long cut fried potatos and batter dipped bread for breakfast) ...

R

RedOctober

What's so funny about it all?

France bashing is becoming really boring!

And for the last time:
What you call "French fries" originates from Belgium.
Not from France!

:wazzup:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
RedOctober said:
France bashing is becoming really boring!

And for the last time:
What you call "French fries" originates from Belgium.
Not from France!
France bashing never gets old and "belgium fries" just does'nt have the same ring to it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
What makes France so damn hated? IMO they make good wine, good food and good rally cars so I don't see why I should hate them :p

And countries like Canada, Spain, Italy, Greece, australia, mexico, etc..never won any wars either in recent history.. does that mean we suck too? :(

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Well, not so much anyway.......... LOL. It is one of those things I guess. France and win don't go together nearly as well as france and retreat or france and stinky people. LOL j/k whatever.....

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Rage against said:
And countries like Canada, Spain, Italy, Greece, australia, mexico, etc..never won any wars either in recent history.. does that mean we suck too? :(
[sarcasm] pretty much [/sarcasm]

R

RedOctober

breakology said:
[sarcasm] pretty much [/sarcasm]
The old escape route.. :rolleyes:
First call names, then start saying it was just a joke.
Oh, what funny.

Ha (Short military laugh)

If the French and Dutchies wouldn't have provided money, guns and powder back in 1776 you'd probably still busy shoeshining British boots and washing their laundry.

:banana:

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
RedOctober said:
The old escape route.. :rolleyes:
First call names, then start saying it was just a joke.
Oh, what funny.

Ha (Short military laugh)

If the French and Dutchies wouldn't have provided money, guns and powder back in 1776 you'd probably still busy shoeshining British boots and washing their laundry.

:banana:

Frankly, Red I am disappointed by your pissy, smug little posts lately. If they wouldn't have done that then all of Europe would've been shining German boots and Asia would've been a 50/50 split of shining either Russian or Japanese boots by now. I think you need some vacation time. You were always a little weird but, your points used to be valid, too. Its all a hand washing scheme anyhow. You know, the ol' one hand washes the other hand thing. SO! take a little time off get your shit wired tight again and most of all, know your role!

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Rage against said:
What makes France so damn hated? IMO they make good wine, good food and good rally cars so I don't see why I should hate them :p

What makes them hated? They were right, the fucking' French were right! There were no WMD's, the war was bullshit, and it still is...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
RedOctober said:
Wow, money and guns ... gee thanks france. *laughs in your face* America had already driven the british back to the coast by the time the french "finally showed up" all france did was cut off their escape "thanks again france"

America took back conqured france from germany, in what was one of the bloodiest campaigns for america in WWII. In essence, france (and most of europe) was kept safe by american's spilling blood on european soil.

For such a self proclaimed student of history, you sure do have a poor grasp of historical events.

the bridge

i saw that bridge on the telly
it is immense, and to say that the french have it?
i'm no frenchie lover or what have you but i would hope this stirs growth or the overthrow of the entire eu...hahhah.
not really scratch ours while you are at it

R

RedOctober

breakology said:
Wow, money and guns ... gee thanks france. *laughs in your face* America had already driven the british back to the coast by the time the french "finally showed up" all france did was cut off their escape "thanks again france"

America took back conqured france from germany, in what was one of the bloodiest campaigns for america in WWII. In essence, france (and most of europe) was kept safe by american's spilling blood on european soil.

For such a self proclaimed student of history, you sure do have a poor grasp of historical events.
Well, your story stinks sunny boy!

You still are the dumbass you always were, and will ever be!
Americans, we have hardly seen here in Europe.
We only heard their loud mouth.

They even financed the concentration camps of the nazi's.
:mfinger:

R

RedOctober

edub1371 said:
Frankly, Red I am disappointed by your pissy, smug little posts lately. If they wouldn't have done that then all of Europe would've been shining German boots and Asia would've been a 50/50 split of shining either Russian or Japanese boots by now. I think you need some vacation time. You were always a little weird but, your points used to be valid, too. Its all a hand washing scheme anyhow. You know, the ol' one hand washes the other hand thing. SO! take a little time off get your shit wired tight again and most of all, know your role!
If you Americans would have stayed out of WWI then the whole problem wouldn't have been there.
It would even have been better the British would have minded their own bussiness too in WWI.

Europe was your Anglo-American playing ground.
And don't ride the high horse here, because of that.

WE DUTCHIES NEVER ASKED YOU FOR TO HELP EUROPE IN WWI..!!! %^$&(!!!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE MINDED YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSSINESS!!!

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
RedOctober said:
If you Americans would have stayed out of WWI then the whole problem wouldn't have been there.
It would even have been better the British would have minded their own bussiness too in WWI.

Europe was your Anglo-American playing ground.
And don't ride the high horse here, because of that.

WE DUTCHIES NEVER ASKED YOU FOR TO HELP EUROPE IN WWI..!!! %^$&(!!!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE MINDED YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSSINESS!!!

No, you dutchmen never did ask for our help. Someone obviously did. The planet earth is a place that mandates that your safety is proportionate to the company that you keep. If you really wanna piss and moan about something, why not do it about the fact that the swiss held money for the Nazi party? Ahem, having said that, did you say that America funded the concentration camps? I'm going to have to agree with breakology on this one, you are no student of history of any type. Some of the things that you say make absolutely no sense. The rest of it is even worse. The dutch make good breakfast pastries and sugar cookies. Please, please for everyones sake stick to that and make no claims to know anything about history except for the two things that you obviously know. Jack and shit.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
RedOctober said:
Well, your story stinks sunny boy!
lol @ you ... yeah, thats not a story ... it's called "historical accounts"

redoctober said:
You still are the dumbass you always were, and will ever be!
Americans, we have hardly seen here in Europe.
We only heard their loud mouth.
look at the uneducated, misinformed euro-trash-punk calling me a dumbass ... lol ... wow ... that cuts deep ... to the bone even ... there is a reason you don't see americans in europe, pretty simlple to ... europe blows moose cock.
You hear our loud mouths because all you people do is snivel and whine. Try standing up for your self for once, fight your own wars for a change.

redoctober said:
They even financed the concentration camps of the nazi's.
lol @ your stupid ass again, what a fucking joke ... that must be some propaganda your country came up with to ease the guilt of never doing anything but sit around with a thumb up their ass, carving wooden shoes, and eating chocolate.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
RedOctober said:
OMG! you are such a fucking ignorant simple minded ass clown. Did you learn history by watching saturday mornign cartoons? You fucking asshat!

Arch Duke Frenz Ferninad, heir to the austrain throne, was assinated in 1914. Austria blamed Serbia, the russians were aligned with the serbs, just like germany was aligned with austria.
Then of course france and great britian jumped in the war because they were also had treaties with russia. which coicidently also brought in japan on the side of britian and turkey on the side of austria.

so how do you figure america had anything to do with any of that? Try using the internet for something besides flash games for a change.

R

RedOctober

Oh, how nice you Yankee wankers!

It's common knowledge the American capitalists were heavily involved in bussiness with the German nazi regime!

Asshole creepers you are!

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RedOctober said:
Oh, how nice you Yankee wankers!

It's common knowledge the American capitalists were heavily involved in bussiness with the German nazi regime!

Asshole creepers you are!
Red,

You've got yourself all fired up buddy...relax.

Also, try not to paint all Americans with the same brush...thanks.