WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

World's Worst Web Browser?

Which web browser sucks more pen0r?

• Total voters

Descent

Hella Constipated
Take your pick.

I vote Safari. I truly hate how bare bones it is, it has no functionality. I also find it to be pretty glitchy.

Jung

???
Premium
I had to vote IE3, it's by far the worst browser given the coices. I'm curious as to why you chose Safari over IE though? I like Safari, it's a lot more stable than the Mac version of Firefox, and Camino lacks all the extensions which make Firefox so great. Bare bones? It supports tabs and has an rss reader. True, it doesn't have as much functionality as Firefox, but what else does?

Also, AOL has never make their own browser, they've always used either IE or Mozilla.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I know about AOL's integration, but they like to crappify it ;).

AOL for sure.

P.S. Is arachne the DOS browser thingamagiger?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Teehee. Yeah, Arachne was the old DOS browser. I stuck it in there for kicks ;).

Nothing like surfing pr0n on your 486 with 256 colors ;). Of course, that was state of the art jacking back then.

And if you had an 800x600 VESA driver :upto: ...

BTW: Aren't mozilla and firefox the same thing?

Jung

???
Premium
WILD said:
BTW: Aren't mozilla and firefox the same thing?
No, but they do use the same rendering engine(Gecko). Mozilla suite is just that; a suite consisting of a browser, IRC client and mail client. Firefox is just the browser, and was created for speed and expandability. Actually, Mozilla development has already stopped.

junglizm said:
No, but they do use the same rendering engine(Gecko). Mozilla suite is just that; a suite consisting of a browser, IRC client and mail client. Firefox is just the browser, and was created for speed and expandability. Actually, Mozilla development has already stopped.
Thank you for clarity Repped. :thumbsup:
Edit: Err I repped you too recently I guess but I'll remeber to rep again sometime.

junglizm said:
So, in other words, mozilla browser and firefox browser are the same thing, correct?

I tried mozilla suite, but it took too long so I just went to the browser and got all the extensions seperate.

I voted IE3, but honestly, all IE's suck. I have not encountered a good IE. Internet Exploder is what we call it.
AOL ties with IE though. NEVER use their messenger. That thing is the devil.

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
So, in other words, mozilla browser and firefox browser are the same thing, correct?
Nope. The latest versions of Mozilla actually uses an older build of Gecko(1.7x), but Firefox always uses the newest "unstable" builds. (currently in the 1.8 trunk) [If you know anything about open source software, you'll know that 'unstable' doesn't literally mean it will crash, it's just the cutting edge.) Firefox is developed by a different group of engineers, and has different purposes.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Intro_:_Summary
brainwashmonkey said:
What happened to Netscape Navigator?
Do you mean in this poll, or just in general?

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
not being a mac user i don't know how bad safari is, but from what i am reading here it sounds like a piece of shit

Jung

???
Premium
dookie said:
not being a mac user i don't know how bad safari is, but from what i am reading here it sounds like a piece of shit
How/why would you get that idea? Only one person voted agaisnt it, and it was Descent. That should be enough to prove that the information is biased, baseless and most likely incorrect. :D

Descent

Hella Constipated
Eh, I'm not that biased against Mac. I just can't stand Safari.

Feel free to flame me for this: But has anyone here used IE 6.05 for Longhorn?

Unlike the XP version, it's actually quite good. The ergonomics rule all, IMO. It also seems to be quicker and more stable, and even has a perfect popup blocker.

It still needs work though, it does need to be made W3C complaint.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
If IE6 isn't W3 compliant it's not really an html browser. It may be a good MSHTML reader, but I do not recognize MicroSoft as a lang specification authority or standard setter.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Wood said:
If IE6 isn't W3 compliant it's not really an html browser. It may be a good MSHTML reader, but I do not recognize MicroSoft as a lang specification authority or standard setter.
Neither do I. However, IE 6 for LH is pretty good. If they added in W3C complaint rendering, it would own.