WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Worst smell you have smelt

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Turkey house dead pit. It was common practice to bury a feed bin and throw the birds that died between chick and market stages into the bin. The smell these things would emit when you flipped the lid open was horrific. Like burn your nostrils, stay on your tongue, gag-inducing rot that only comes from biological matter basically fermented like a ten thousand gallon jug of kimchi.

• 2WTF!?
Reactions: Stardust and MaxPower

aussiefooty

Loves the footy! Carn the roos!
The local shit farm whenever i'm on the bus heading back from being in town all i can smell is that damn shit farm.
It smells horrific

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
The business end of a soybean auger in the middle of summer. When they are loading out soybeans they pour them into a vat that rests at the bottom of an auger. The auger transmits them vertically. Anywho, some get squished and the juices run down the chute. The rotten ones don't make it into the auger they stay in the vat. Basically, the bottom of the auger chute is where all the goodies collect. Nobody cleans it. They just pour in more soybeans. By the end of summer its rancid. If you want to smell something that'll soak into your soul...ask a farmer if you can take a healthy whiff of his soybean auger.

Its either that or my Grandpa's Altes farts. I've seen them clear a bar.

Attachments

• 1WTF!?
Reactions: Stardust

beef_roller

The Pizza-Slinger
Waste white water. For those of you who haven't lived in a trailer or had a dual chamber septic, it's the water that goes down the sinks basically (sewer goes through a separate pipe). Having to pump those bastards out is such a god awful experience... it's amazing that shit water turns your stomach less, if at all after that.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Waste white water. For those of you who haven't lived in a trailer or had a dual chamber septic, it's the water that goes down the sinks basically (sewer goes through a separate pipe). Having to pump those bastards out is such a god awful experience... it's amazing that shit water turns your stomach less, if at all after that.
Good point. I've never had the pleasure of whiffing that specific bouquet but along the same lines I was party to a sprinkler head failure where fresh water has sat stagnant for eons and became black and looked more like oil than water. It also would gag a maggot.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
The wad of hair coming out of the shower drain after snaking it. Woof.
I always thought it smells like perm solution.

one of the worst for me is... we had this really sick man in palliative care, he had diabetes he didn’t take care of, also had some infection and was an alcoholic. So we had to suit up in protective gear, but the smell, it was like a sickly sweet smell mixed with death, a decaying living body filled with festering bacteria.

aussiefooty

Loves the footy! Carn the roos!
When in hospital getting my broken elbow attended to. There was a lady who had ruptured her bowels. She had to wear three colostomy bags, one for piss, one for shit and the other for farts.
she stunk

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I always thought it smells like perm solution.

one of the worst for me is... we had this really sick man in palliative care, he had diabetes he didn’t take care of, also had some infection and was an alcoholic. So we had to suit up in protective gear, but the smell, it was like a sickly sweet smell mixed with death, a decaying living body filled with festering bacteria.
Similar experience. Years ago I worked in a hospital. We had a homeless man in the ER who had a gangrenous leg. Like you describe a sickly smell. We had to get two air freshener machines in there.