WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Would throwing a chunk of ice crack tiles?

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i had a chunk of ice in my freezer and i needed to break it up, so i threw it into the shower and next thing i notice there's this straight crack running through the middle of two tiles around the drain.
now i am trying to convince my brain that they were always there, just like the fucked up window frame (which is also is of my doing).
would it be safe to assume that i belong in a padded cell?

bnccoder

Postaholic
That's always good. "We cracked The Liberty Bell, but it's a very neat crack."

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
bnccoder said:
That's always good. "We cracked The Liberty Bell, but it's a very neat crack."
me being from Philly hurts my feelings...... :crybaby: lol jk :p

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
it actually cracked 2 tiles, the drain is in the middle, so i guess i defied some laws of physics

BakEd13

4:20 Celebrater
dookie said:
it actually cracked 2 tiles, the drain is in the middle, so i guess i defied some laws of physics
By thinking that you defied any law(s) of physics mean you deserve to be in a padded cell.. Or a winner of the noble prize.. Which by the caliber of your posts isnt what i'm betting on..

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
BakEd13 said:
By thinking that you defied any law(s) of physics mean you deserve to be in a padded cell.. Or a winner of the noble prize.. Which by the caliber of your posts isnt what i'm betting on..
caliber? i use the high-guage sawn-off double barrel shotgun of hilarity. :p

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
If the block of ice was big enough and the drain was lower than the two tiles surrounding it (which is always true), the mass probably applied too much force to both of the supporting tiles on either side of the drain, causing them to break. You observed that they were very "clean" cracks. Probably because it was a directed force, and tiles tend to break with concise contours, not in a crumbling mess.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
LiberatioN said:
If the block of ice was big enough and the drain was lower than the two tiles surrounding it (which is always true), the mass probably applied too much force to both of the supporting tiles on either side of the drain, causing them to break. You observed that they were very "clean" cracks. Probably because it was a directed force, and tiles tend to break with concise contours, not in a crumbling mess.
what he said :)

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
LiberatioN said:
a very articulate reply! tell me, did you go to tile college?

anyone for cheese?

seriously, i fucked up, but i fucked up in a very neat manner, therefore, i shouldn't be liable for paying for busted up things in this house when the time comes for me to move out.

quix0te

Clitpickle
dookie said:
well it's a very neat crack
That made me laugh, hard. And yes it is quite safe to assume that you belong in a padded cell. ;)