WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines WoW kills babies...

Jung

???
Premium
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200506/200506140037.html
Infant Daughter Dies as Parents Play Online Game

A thoughtless couple in their 20s who left their four-month old daughter at home while they played Internet computer games at a nearby PC café have been booked by police after the child died.

According to Incheon Police Station on Tuesday, a 29-year-old man husband identified by his family name of Yu and his wife put their four-month daughter in the bedroom of their home and went to a neighborhood PC café at around 4:00 p.m. on May 24 to play the online game "World of Warcraft.

Time flew by as the couple lost themselves in the game, and when they returned home at 9:00 p.m., their daughter was lying on her stomach, dead of suffication.

The couple told police, "We were thinking of playing for just an hour or two and returning home like usual, but the game took longer that day."

Police said an investigation turned up that the couple, who wed last year, used to play "World of Warcraft" whenever they had time.

Police said, "It's unfortunate, because the tragedy could have been averted if the couple had just left their daughter with Yu's mother-in-law, who lived upstairs from them... We booked the pair on criminal charges, judging that when you consider the situation, they were responsible for their daughter's death."

Major U.S. online game producer Blizzard, which grew famous with the game "Starcraft", produced the game to which Yu and his wife were addicted, "World of Warcraft." The game allows multiple players to form teams to fight battles and enjoy various adventures.
Fucking losers. :mad:

bnccoder

Postaholic
How could someone do something like that? You never leave a baby unattended!!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
yeah wow.... thats horrible.. goes to show when your almost 30 its time to put away the games.

Jung

???
Premium
swizeguy said:
goes to show when your almost 30 its time to put away the games.
More like "when you're almost 30 its time to use some common sense and be a mature adult and parent."

There is nothing wrong with playing video games at 30. :confused:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Wow, if I was judge, I'd sentence them to me kicking them both in the ribs and dumping them in a dark dungeon full of sexually aroused bisexual barbarians.

wtf???

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
Fucking losers. :mad:
Great, now Blizzard will become the new "black" for the media to place blame on. Just like with id Software and Doom back in 1999 after Columbine.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Oh - and by the way - I play WoW and I'm not addicted at all. I'm usually getting "Totally Smashed" on Thunderbird Wine and shit in Goldshire, a.k.a. newbie town U.S.A.

I actually beg people "For booze money" like a real wino...entertaining shit. Then I just randomly laugh at people in game.

I've only logged about 12 hours and I'm a Level 10 Human Priest - the game is easy as balls.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
all kinds of stories came out like this when everquest first came out...

shitty huh.

Actually there was a guy that shot himself over EQ. on my server because a girl he liked got pissed and betrayed him with an iteam he was camping.

There use to be an Organization called EverQuest Wildows, who husbands or boyfriends left them from EQ.

father shot his son cause he wouldn't get off eq blah blah blah list goes on

_Kitana_ said:
all kinds of stories came out like this when everquest first came out...

shitty huh.

Actually there was a guy that shot himself over EQ. on my server because a girl he liked got pissed and betrayed him with an iteam he was camping.

There use to be an Organization called EverQuest Wildows, who husbands or boyfriends left them from EQ.

father shot his son cause he wouldn't get off eq blah blah blah list goes on
i don't know whats sadder....that, or the baby thing. wow. (no pun intended)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
dull_bullet said:
i don't know whats sadder....that, or the baby thing. wow. (no pun intended)

Actually the thing was even a betrayal, more like a fall out with his guild and his relationship with the girl. The iteam was rightfully his though.... but it was all a huge misunderstanding. He just couldn't make tell the diffrents between reality and fantasy. Now his mom is a phsycho who blames games like EQ and WOW for emotional problems their children have. The guy was in his 30 and lived in his mother basement. She should of got him help when he quit his job, played for 36 hour straights.

The father who shot his son, went on to playing the game for hours before he reported killing his son, now thats pretty SICK!

Now, I won't lie and say I don't get upset when things go wrong in the game, but than When i find myself getting to emotionaly wrapped up, i take a BREAK.

Jung

???
Premium
People who take video games seriously are retards who should get out more.

People are too obsessed with those games. There's no need to kill someone over a game. Or leave your baby unattended to play the game. People need to realize what they're doing and put the goddam game away. :thumbsdn:

Slacker

Postaholic
They couldve left their child with their mother-in-law upstairs instead they left her alone to die.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
People who take video games seriously are retards who should get out more.

Well they really aren't like Normal GAMES... so real life human emotion is mixed in there, still these are going to the Extreme.

like i said if you find yourself being bothered by the game.

TAKE A BREAK

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Well they really aren't like Normal GAMES... so real life human emotion is mixed in there, still these are going to the Extreme.
Human emotion is mixed in with everything you do, everyday. It being an RPG is no excuse...

Games are supposed to be fun; for entertainment. If you're not getting that from the game, then you need to stop playing it.
_Kitana_ said:
The iteam was rightfully his though.... but it was all a huge misunderstanding.
Bullshit. It's a goddamn online game, there is no such thing as 'rightfully his;' it's not his goddamn birth right. He was just a pathetic loser. I'd also say it was more than a 'big misunderstanding.' The guy was obviously emotionally unstable, the game just gave him a life in absence of a real one. That guy would've killed himself anyway, the game just gave him an immediate reason to do it.

junglizm said:
That guy would've killed himself anyway, the game just gave him an immediate reason to do it.
Indeed, he would have killed himself if that didn't happen. It was bound to happen either way, but there's no reason to say it was rightfully his. It's an online game and shouldn't be taken seriously. This just proves that the internets kills. :eek:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Human emotion is mixed in with everything you do, everyday. It being an RPG is no excuse...

Games are supposed to be fun; for entertainment. If you're not getting that form the game, then you need to stop playing it.

Bullshit. It's a goddamn online game, there is no such thing as 'rightfully his;' it's not his goddamn birth right. He was just a pathetic loser. I'd also say it was more than a 'big misunderstanding.' The guy was obviously emotionally unstable, the game just gave him a life in absence of a real one. That guy would've killed himself anyway, the game just gave him an immediate reason to do it.
i don't find myself getting upset at game i play on the ps2 or x-box, but I do find myself getting pissed off when Long time friends on everquest betray me. Thats when I log off. After all why am i getting upset over a fantasy role playing game?

Eh, he had a fall out with his guildmates. The iteam in a game was a mob he was camping for almost a week straight, so had he of reported it the iteam would of been stripped from her placed on his char. Like i said it not the game faults.

The big misunderstanding was the chick didn't know he was still camping the mob. since he wasn't at his normal camp spot. However, the mother of the son logged on to her son's account.... and basically put his guild and other players to shame for the death of her son. When she realized she was an idiot for that she started on about how evil MMRPG are.

Let me explain how the iteam was rightful his. He had killed the mob down to 10%. Zoned out, which would put the mob back at like 55/80% depending on how fast you zone in and out. The chick and guy came in seen the mob at 35% and went a head to kill it seeing no one in the zone, figured that the mob had gotten attacked by another npc.

Well the guy logged in, said you killed my mob. the chicked laughed and looted it.

Most of the time we call that ninja looting...

so it ws half inoccent/half bitchness. He shot himself more over the fall out with his online girlfriend than the iteam i think.

Descent

Hella Constipated
_Kitana_ said:
Actually the thing was even a betrayal, more like a fall out with his guild and his relationship with the girl. The iteam was rightfully his though.... but it was all a huge misunderstanding. He just couldn't make tell the diffrents between reality and fantasy. Now his mom is a phsycho who blames games like EQ and WOW for emotional problems their children have. The guy was in his 30 and lived in his mother basement. She should of got him help when he quit his job, played for 36 hour straights.

The father who shot his son, went on to playing the game for hours before he reported killing his son, now thats pretty SICK!

Now, I won't lie and say I don't get upset when things go wrong in the game, but than When i find myself getting to emotionaly wrapped up, i take a BREAK.
Fucking word. I usually chuck the keyboard or controller on the ground and move on.

Kitana said:
i don't find myself getting upset at game i play on the ps2 or x-box, but I do find myself getting pissed off when Long time friends on everquest betray me. Thats when I log off. After all why am i getting upset over a fantasy role playing game?

Eh, he had a fall out with his guildmates. The iteam in a game was a mob he was camping for almost a week straight, so had he of reported it the iteam would of been stripped from her placed on his char. Like i said it not the game faults.

The big misunderstanding was the chick didn't know he was still camping the mob. since he wasn't at his normal camp spot. However, the mother of the son logged on to her son's account.... and basically put his guild and other players to shame for the death of her son. When she realized she was an idiot for that she started on about how evil MMRPG are.

Let me explain how the iteam was rightful his. He had killed the mob down to 10%. Zoned out, which would put the mob back at like 55/80% depending on how fast you zone in and out. The chick and guy came in seen the mob at 35% and went a head to kill it seeing no one in the zone, figured that the mob had gotten attacked by another npc.

Well the guy logged in, said you killed my mob. the chicked laughed and looted it.

Most of the time we call that ninja looting...

so it ws half inoccent/half bitchness. He shot himself more over the fall out with his online girlfriend than the iteam i think.
It's sad that no one in America can take responsibility.

Anyway, you should see how pissed off I get when I play first person shooters and people spawn camp. I usually take them out myself then report them to the admin.

If it's a war sim type game like Battlefield 2 then I will tolerate it - it adds realism.

I also shattered an SNES controller once playing Street Fighter II. That game has the cheapest AI. My PS1 controller always gets horrid aggression because it makes my hand cramp up to hell during Tony Hawk's Pro Skater runs, and it has a horrible d-pad to boot!

For the record, I never break "expensive" controllers. If I break an older controller I can pick up a good used one at GameStop for $5 - why not break it? It's good stress relief and I love seeing pieces everywhere. I also once hit a dead CD Player with a hammer mid-air then burned the pieces on the ground using a Lysol aerosol can flamethrower. THAT was fun.

How unfair is it that irresponsible assholes like those two can have kids/a kid but kind, caring couples all over the world are heartbroken because they are unable to have their own children? Man does that piss me off!

:banghead:

Descent

Hella Constipated
zoloftcasserole said:
How unfair is it that irresponsible assholes like those two can have kids/a kid but kind, caring couples all over the world are heartbroken because they are unable to have their own children? Man does that piss me off!

:banghead:
Visit your local American ghetto and discover why. People fuck the day away as an escape.