WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Features WTF 9.5 Color Themes

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey guys,

As we're going to start out with a single color scheme, and add one or two more after that, we wanted to gauge what the community-at-large is feeling as far as colors for the new site style...

While we will want to maintain a dark default style, what should the secondary/tertiary colors be?

Black (when I say this, it will be multi shades similar to what we have now, not just a full black)

+

???

Red might be a nice change of pace away from blue...
Orange...
Green...

What say you?

ib4

Error
Staff
Anything I put in my graphics are color suggestions. I will move over to black black though now. I was using a similar grey black to the current bg.

Also...is there anyone here who can draw ? If you can draw and want to pair with me in making it digital for some creative ideas. PM ME!

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid

I have always liked this color combination, I'm not sure as secondary colors on black though.

ib4

Error
Staff

I have always liked this color combination, I'm not sure as secondary colors on black though.
Yea that's a horrible mix. I'm not saying it offensively...I'm just saying on the eyes to mass appeal...that it's terrible.

Now either of these in which ever combo of primary/secondary are good: black + yellow and Yellow + white.

But remember, this is WTF - We keeps it dark here and that's what Jason said hes looking for. If my research is right there was really only one time they did the lighter thing and that was a red white combo mostly.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
You could make it a deep dark red.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Okay tak
Yea that's a horrible mix. I'm not saying it offensively...I'm just saying on the eyes to mass appeal...that it's terrible.

Now either of these in which ever combo of primary/secondary are good: black + yellow and Yellow + white.

But remember, this is WTF - We keeps it dark here and that's what Jason said hes looking for. If my research is right there was really only one time they did the lighter thing and that was a red white combo mostly.
I was looking at the right hand side of the picture.. primarily grey as a second colour, with some yellow.. but a darker yellow.. you could also use a darker grey, I wasn't suggesting those two shades in those proportions, you can play around with it, it was just a fecking suggestion.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Black (when I say this, it will be multi shades similar to what we have now, not just a full black)
..said Michael Jackson.

Red might be a nice change of pace away from blue...
Orange...
Green...

What say you?
I kind of like the idea of black with a mid bright green. Something translucent and gradientish.

Rook

#triggered
My vote is to keep the current palette. Play with other blues. Black and blue makes it look dark, yes, but also professional. Red might make it look too gothicky, and green will turn this place into MySpace.

Orange might also be a good option.

ib4

Error
Staff
My vote is to keep the current palette. Play with other blues. Black and blue makes it look dark, yes, but also professional. Red might make it look too gothicky, and green will turn this place into MySpace.

Orange might also be a good option.
There's a good way to dress those colors together without hitting a goth or MySpace feeling lol. In fact I've seen both of those suggestions used really well on modernized web templates.

Rook

#triggered
There's a good way to dress those colors together without hitting a goth or MySpace feeling lol. In fact I've seen both of those suggestions used really well on modernized web templates.
Don't use a patronizing "lol" on me you piece of shit.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
^ like the red/black/white . Red for unread content. White for read content.

While I don't mind the overall color scheme, we're going custom.

That is an old for-purchase style from Arty right, Black Responsive?
Yep. I was just using it as an example for a red color scheme.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Yep. I was just using it as an example for a red color scheme.
We've had 2 default designs in the past that used black and red and it looked very nice indeed so its a consideration...

ib4

Error
Staff
again...is there ANYONE who can draw do collab with me? Who made the major banner icons from the past?! I pulled a skull from Icarus posts in the art post from way back when that I liked. However, I'd like to work with someone to make a new piece for the new ages.

WHO?!