Features WTF.com 2018 Mascot Discussion

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey all,

So we'll be replacing our mascot to give things a fresh look.

We have enlisted the help of none other than John Schwegel, the person who did the amazing graphics for former versions of WTF.com (all the demons, hellfire, etc.).

What would you like to see the mascot convey? Pissed-off? Annoyed? "Well that's just fucking great"? Bunny with a pancake on its head?

What sort of animal, creature, or otherwise would you like to see?

Any specific details will be useful!

If we use your ideas, we'll toss you something. ;)

Thanks!

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Have some kind of monster with a shocked and bewildered expression on its face.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: 1 user

Danni

Forever Sleepy
Premium
Could have a few different ones for each theme. :) bewildered, angry, rage, people’s eyebrow...

• 2Helpful
Reactions: 1 users

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Could have a few different ones for each theme. :) bewildered, angry, rage, people’s eyebrow...

Probably going to stick to one for now, or the project can lose focus... We can expand on it though, including holiday changes. We just need the mascot type chosen...

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
It should be a anthropomorphic potato, smoking a cat turd, looking out of the open door of Jane's garage.

• 1ORLY?
  • 1OH YEAAHH!
  • 1LOL
Reactions: 2 users

ib4

Error
Staff
I gave me an answer and question on Iris seeing you never hit me back LOL Jason

If it has eyes coming out of his T letter like a crab and a mouth at the bottom, with a hand coming from abortion like arm out of the letters w and f Holding the brain, then you have a Mascot.

• 1Like

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
While some of the ideas sound nice, I'd at least like a mascot that people would not mind having printed on a T-Shirt or Coffee Mug or other merchandise. That likely removes any sort of Satanic-looking demon or anything that's too gruesome.

• 1Agree

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
While some of the ideas sound nice, I'd at least like a mascot that people would not mind having printed on a T-Shirt or Coffee Mug or other merchandise. That likely removes any sort of Satanic-looking demon or anything that's too gruesome.

You mean something like an anthropomorphic potato AMIRITE!?

• 2Taters!
  • 1Dagwood

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
How about a not too scary disinterested millennial demon staring at his iPhone while the city burns behind him.

Last edited:
  • 2LOL
  • 1Kill It With Fire

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
That might be a bit too close to my time in Rome or when I lived in Chicago...

:whistle:

• 1ORLY?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users