WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

WTF.COM Computing Chamber Video Tutorials/Reviews

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm currently planning an educational video called "Power Supply Pyros," which demonstrates the importance of buying a good power supply, and the consequences of buying cheap ones.

As proof, I am going to buy three PowMax power supplies, three old Pentium I era boards, and essentially "blow up" the power supply under three different scenerios.

Situation I: Regular short circuit

Situation II: Death by dust buildup

Situation III: Death by user neglect (Will involve glitter, confetti, and streamers)

All three power supplies will be killed by a MASSIVE short circuit, to demonstrate the effects of a defective/neglected PSU that is off-brand.

It will all be caught on video, and if you love fire, explosions, and flashbangs, then this is the video for you.

I am also planning a "Cheap Case Torture Test" video, which will involve pulleys and cement blocks.

Candidate cases for the second video include PowMax, MGE, Aspire, Linkworld, and AsiaPro.

I'm getting a job soon, so yes, this will most definitely happen.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Descent said:
It will all be caught on video, and if you love fire, explosions, and flashbangs, then this is the video for you
Ever notice how destruction tends to follow him?

Jung

???
Premium
I'm kind of scared, hold me.

bnccoder

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I'm kind of scared, hold me.
Holds Junglizm over an open fire. Ahhhh nothing like the smell of burnt flesh and hair in the morning.

</rant>

Tenderony
I'm picturing you rocking back and forth with a video camera watching the dust build up for months on end.

heh.

</rant>

Jung

???
Premium
Not to piss on your fire, but where do you plan on hosting these videos?

bnccoder

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Not to piss on your fire, but where do you plan on hosting these videos?
He could always host them here.
Currently free accounts get 25 megs of space and 1,500 megs of bandwidth per month.
They never specify what the files have to be.

Jung

???
Premium
bnccoder said:
He could always host them here.
Photobucket allows you to host videos? I have an account, but I thought it was only for > 500K images.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Am I the only one who sees a true Darwinian moment in the making here?

Just curious, but how exactly do your test methods prove anything about cheap power supplies.
If you throw glitter into a PC Power & Cooling PSU, it's gonna die just the same. Quality has nothing to do with it.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Diesel said:
Remind me to cut the ground on the plugs and add a little kerosene to the experiment.

Jung

???
Premium
Diesel said:
No, I find it the same way, albeit funny all the same. I can only imagine waht the content of these videos will be.

Descent, if you actually do this, please limit your video "reviews" to one thread.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I shall limit it ;).

The video is to demonstrate the effects that a blown power supply can have on your hardware.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Diesel said:
Oh no... I'm sure many are counting on it. :cool:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Descent said:
To be honest, I can't think of a better way to spend my money than on smashing shit :cool: .
Beer... Strippers... Beer...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Dude, if I was 21, then hells yes!

But at 16 pyrotechnics and destruction rule supreme.

I edited my post, btw.

tzedek

Original Member
dude dont buy that stuff. I have a mobo/cpu/ram I can send you thats socket 7.