WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

WTF.com Forum Issues

Everytime i post a reply or thread, i always see my reply with all the website format gone, and when i click to go to something else, i get a "you do not have access to go to this ______" and i have to hit back a couple hundred times to get to something else and start over (my post does get posted, though)

is this just somebody's way of telling me that my post sucks? :D

it happened to me the other day but it fixed itself. maybe it is just gremlins telling you something....

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Browser? Version? Cleared cache/cookies and closed browser/restarted browser and tried again?

As for the random-every-once-in-a-while non-access/forbidden pages, we are aware of that issue and working on a resolution. While we've reduced it's occurance, it is still occuring for some so we'll keep at it.

Jason

Founder
Anyone having constant reply problems anymore? I played with a few more settings...

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Jason said:
Anyone having constant reply problems anymore? I played with a few more settings...
The worst I've had was an extremely rare "website not responding" or "can't find website," and one time where the posts during reply were completely different that what was in the thread itself.

Jung

???
Premium
I can't find the funny anymore!!!!! What happened to the funny?!?!?!?! Was that a foum mod?

Jason

Founder
Someone's been playing with the kinky sticks...

The funny? :) The Funnies/Comics? They're in the upper left hand corner pull-down menu!

I can't log into the home page, it says something about a foreign host or some shit. :thumbsdn:

Jason

Founder
Does it still happen right now? Test it again...

You trying to login via the NAVBAR or the first box on the left hand side of the portal boxes? (Where you normally see your avatar if you are logged in)?

Jason

Founder
I just tested myself using Firefox, each time with cookies completely cleared...

I can login using BOTH methods of filling out name/pass on front portal page.

You still experiencing this? If so, what browser?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Everything is working perfect for me. I also like the new layout, including the sub-forums. Very neat, organized, and sexy. Very sexy.

Jason said:
You trying to login via the NAVBAR or the first box on the left hand side of the portal boxes? (Where you normally see your avatar if you are logged in)?
Indeed I am, Jason.
Jason said:
I just tested myself using Firefox, each time with cookies completely cleared...

I can login using BOTH methods of filling out name/pass on front portal page.

You still experiencing this? If so, what browser?
Yeah, I just tested it on Firefox and it worked fine, thanks for fixing it! :thumbsup:

Jason

Founder
That's great to hear!

Okay, off to work on new 3.5 gold release code...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
(i tried to post this on the 'bluehell overdrive jaggy' thread but i couldn't post there..)

at the base of the whole screen, in bh overdrive, the 'archive donate privacy etc' clickys are nearly impossible to see due to the ink being white on a white-yellow background..
again, just thought that it may have slipped through the cracks.. ;)

Jason

Founder
Thanks. :)

Yeah I'll be fixing the footer to perfectly blend with the background color as well as change all those link colors to look quite nice.. It's on my graphical to-do list!