WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

WTF.com Site Software Update

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey Campers,

Sometime shortly we'll be upgrading our site to the latest version of our forum software. While quite a few things will remain the same on our site, there will be a few differences that you will notice.

In addition to the new features the upgrade will bring, it will also bring a few bugs as well as certain past customizations we've made that will no longer function with the new version. I assure you, all unique features of this website that are not a part of the new code WILL be returning in time.

What exactly won't be working you ask? Damnit, I hoped you were already asleep. Well, some of the following will not be available for a short time: confessions, the wall, quotes database, chatroom (you can still access us from any IRC client), forum store/points & gifts, current moods, horoscopes, unique layout of our forums "What The?!?!" category, among other things. We'll be working hard to bring these things all back in time, as modification authors update their code for compatibility with the new software versions.

We think you'll enjoy the new site when all is said and done, as it not only enhances your experience by allowing quicker software updates and new features but it also gives us some new backend tools which helps us behind the scenes. We're also looking forward to starting with fresh code and optimizing a few things that have been lacking since our traffic explosion...

In summary, WTF.com will be under construction over the coming days and weeks but the process will be well worth it. Thank you for your continued support (especially those who have been donating, we REALLY appreciate it!)

As always, if you experience any problems it's Descent's fault.

Jason

Founder
Same format you're accustomed too, along with the same default design. A few minor layout changes might occur inside of threads and changing our current button set across the site as well.. Nothing significantly different visually, though we do have plans in that area as far as a new selectable skin later this year if all goes well... We'll see.

Sounds good, just make sure to add a 'recent posts' button on the new skins (and blue hell too for that matter). That button alone is the only reason I haven't switched from red rage

Jung

???
Premium
Cool, I'm looking forward to 3.5 and AJAX. :thumbsup:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
teh anarchist said:
Sounds good, just make sure to add a 'recent posts' button on the new skins (and blue hell too for that matter). That button alone is the only reason I haven't switched from red rage
You mean THIS button?

Jung

???
Premium
teh anarchist said:
You can also click the "New Posts" link on the portal and forum front pages.

I should've read this before I made the thread in the feedback section. I failed at the internets. :happysad:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yay new software!!! is it gonna splode? and go all freaky and start doing whatever it wants and link up to every computer on earth and hate people and destroy the world so we go back in time to stoptheevilandriodfromfindingjohnconner... and and and... shit im outta espresso.. get more!!

Jason

Founder
We'll be adding everything back one by one, but it will take a while.

Right now, things are very bare bones but we have some really cool new things popping up shortly! The fun of it will be, you never know what a page refresh will bring to the site over the coming hours and days. :)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I hope I don't lose my rep forever! It's the only way I am able to live. :)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Fire_ze_Missles said:
I hope I don't lose my rep forever! It's the only way I am able to live. :)
As has been said many and numerous times. Rep has been reset for everyone. Everyone will have to rebuild it.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
BRiT said:
As has been said many and numerous times. Rep has been reset for everyone. Everyone will have to rebuild it.
Everyone loved me only one time... What if they don't again?

Jason

Founder
What Taylor said. :)

jamesp

In Memory...
Okay, somthing I just noticed. When I posted, it put html in the editor when I trried to edit my post. Seems like a security problem. Just letting you know.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
jamesp said:
Okay, somthing I just noticed. When I posted, it put html in the editor when I trried to edit my post. Seems like a security problem. Just letting you know.
What exactly do you mean? Which editor and options are you using?

Odd, I'm using same ones as you and it's working fine for me. I only see vB-code... and HTML options is off.