WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

WTF folders with blue filenames in Windows folder?? *img*

I was just looking in my Windows folder on my laptop, and found some folders with blue colored filename

WTF!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
or could be compressed files... hrm... i think i have my compressed files showing up same as encrypted... might be an option somewhere... that or my laptop lcd sucks.

Descent

Hella Constipated
BRiT said:
or could be compressed files... hrm... i think i have my compressed files showing up same as encrypted... might be an option somewhere... that or my laptop lcd sucks.
I think encrypted files are red...But I don't think it's your LCD. My laptop is an ancient Thinkpad from 1998 and the screen is better than my dad's two year old Dell.

Jung

???
Premium
junglizm said:
Shared files don't show up as blue, only encrypted. Compressed files show up as green.
Descent said:
I think encrypted files are red.
I've never seen any type of file or folder show up red in Windows. Ever.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
junglizm said:
So WTF!!! Get your shit straight guys RED BLUE, or GREEN?

Descent

Hella Constipated
JNG said:
Damned if I know. I saw it on my PC back in 2001, I got a virgin copy of XP for my Celly. I'm probobly just remembering shit wrong.

EDIT: Server 2003 had those files too! They come stock compressed.

Cyn

Head Member
I've got this one file that shows up purple. What kind of file could this be? I think that this is an encrypted file. What do you think, junglizm?

Here's the screenshot:

:p

Jung

???
Premium
Ok, maybe I was wrong. I just tested it out on two folders though, and here are the results I got. The public_html directory is compressed and Python is encrypted.

Cyn

Head Member
Cyn said:
I've got this one file that shows up purple. What kind of file could this be? I think that this is an encrypted file. What do you think, junglizm?

Here's the screenshot:

:p
It seems that I was wrong too. It turns out that it's a Microsuck homonized file. It's part of the Winblows Rainbow edition. I should've known something wasn't right when it played It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls during the first welcome/setup screen. Oh well, it could be worse. I could be stuck with Windows ME.