WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

wtf happend to movies?

ok, what the fuck happened to hollywood?

all these movies out there, are either based on some gay ass game *cough doom*cough or some kids fantasy book.OR some remake of a damn japanese horror.

what happenned to creativity? there are no original storylines these days, and adopted plots are filmed badly with actors who can't act *cough the rock*cough and gay shit like that. :thumbsdn:

fucking hollywood...anyone know where i can get some good movies?

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
I gotta agree with you there. Movies are retreads, sequels, or just so formulaic they bore me to death. Hollywood is so worried about the bottom line no studio will take a chance on something even slightly original. I read that no horror movie has ever lost money. So pump out some weak plot with blood and gore and some sex and it's profitable. i know it's a business, but I wish some studio would take a chance. I thought the worst was movies based on a song, but movies based on video games? How brain-dead do they think the general public is? It's freakin pathetic.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
why did chairman yin just quote foamy's recent holloween rant?

Movies require an attention span to watch. I definetely don't have the...uh...the uh...

HOLY SHIT GAME BOY

Slacker

Postaholic
I don't watch much movies any more I just wait until they come out on HBO or something.

Chronic Anger

Bringer of Genocide
Linksy said:
I don't watch much movies any more I just wait until they come out on HBO or something.
I don't watch movies any more, they just don't entertain any more and if their half decent, they usually screw them up in some way that makes it so pathetic, you end up shouting at it even tho it's just a movie made by someone who thought that doing it their way would make the film better.

They just don't make them like they used too. :(

Darklight said:
why did chairman yin just quote foamy's recent holloween rant?
foamy's latest rant was about industries fucking up his holloween,with a side comment about no horror movies hitting cinemas at holloween time.

im talking about how there are no good movies coming out.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Your problem is that you're watching Hollywood films. Go for the Indie stuff or foreign stuff. You'll be a lot more entertained and stimulated.

Boycott Hollywood!

I like the movies that are coming out now. *shrugs* To each their own... - the real question here should be "wtf happened to music!" Really, music these days sucks ass, every freekin' song sounds the same :(.

BklynCannonball said:
Your problem is that you're watching Hollywood films. Go for the Indie stuff or foreign stuff. You'll be a lot more entertained and stimulated.
My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

actually, foreign music is better than american music too..

what a shame, United States has no entertainment.

Mort Marcy

Fresh Meat
you guys are right. i've seen some of the worst movies ever latley!!! i mean shit, these ppl in hollywood all just suck total ass. i saw a war movie last... there was no blood. the goriest (sp?) part was when some ass suck got shot in the head during boot camp. WTF?:confused:

While I would agree on the whole here, I have to say that I just went out and saw Jarhead, and while somewhat similar to Full Metal Jacket, it was rather original and overall well done. Don't bash all movies based on the few that you have seen personally.

teh anarchist said:
Don't bash all movies based on the few that you have seen personally.
Im not saying all american entertainment is bad, my buddy works for hollywood, and sends me LOTS of DVDs, and there is a visible correlation when you watch them, as time goes on, the movies gets steadily worse.

Maybe Jarhead is an exception, i'll have to see that

Besides that, the movies nowadays are sometimes badly made. Writing-wise. Not all modern movies are badly made mind, you, in fact, most of them are quite good :thumbsup:

For example, Taxi and 13 Going on 30 have a few flaws that even a 7 year old can point out. Just to name 2.

For example- in Taxi

1. Latifah gets the big strong man-hunk... WTF?!

2. Latifah is a professional bike rider who, in the beginning of the movie you can see it is clearly a stunt double. :rolleyes:

3.Near the end of the movie the two gang-cars make an amazing jump from one bridge to the other. How is this possible without any ramp or anything? :confused:

Good movie, yet predictable and far from flawless
Its ridiculous.

R

RedOctober

I think movies are not popular anymore, because the public is spoiled with it.

The same thing happened with the circus, that dissapeared because of television. We see dangerous animals every day on it, even worse like Condy Rice. :p

But if you want to enjoy yourself, there is a comeback of theatre.
Try stand up comedians for starters.. :p

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Mort Marcy said:
you guys are right. i've seen some of the worst movies ever latley!!! i mean shit, these ppl in hollywood all just suck total ass. i saw a war movie last... there was no blood. the goriest (sp?) part was when some ass suck got shot in the head during boot camp. WTF?:confused:
Are you talking about Full Metal Jacket?

they've made everything they can, alls thats left is commic books. horror movies suck now, they really need new ideas for them.