WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Features WTF.next - New features and enhancements...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
As you may have noticed, WTF.com recently received a face lift.

What prompted the face lift was a new software update requiring an entirely new style to be written.

I thought I would highlight a few of the features visible by members that are now included...
  • Widgets
  • Emoji support
  • Retina avatar and smilie support
  • Custom thread fields
  • The "what's new" system
  • Notable Members page now replaced with configurable member stats page
  • Extended media embedding features (embed tweets, reddit, Facebook posts, Instagram photos, Sound Cloud, etc.)
  • Attachments now seen in previews
  • Quick thread creation
  • Favicon Alerts - Now lets you know when there is new content by viewing the icon in your browser tab
  • Editing message enhancements
  • Javascript animations replaced with CSS
  • Even more under the hood!

We'll continue to tweak the site colors, fonts, and features available so stay tuned!

Jason

Founder
We have added a widget to member profiles, to allow you to view your Post Reaction stats.

These stats are not yet counting past reactions correctly, but we're working on it.

I'm seeing reaction emojis that aren't there on the lower right side, how do I find for example the mushroom emoji? Also, what is the blue cloud supposed to mean? I think you did a awesome upgrade but boy it's gonna taken a bit for me to figure it all out. ( so many candy like buttons to push now!😁)

Jason

Founder
I'm seeing reaction emojis that aren't there on the lower right side, how do I find for example the mushroom emoji? Also, what is the blue cloud supposed to mean? I think you did a awesome upgrade but boy it's gonna taken a bit for me to figure it all out. ( so many candy like buttons to push now!😁)
The reaction icons that you can see, but not select are ones exclusive to premium members or staff members.

The blue cloud is a sad reaction. You can hover over the selections (unless you're on mobile) to view their descriptions.

Thanks for the kind words! It's not all that different in most places, shouldn't take much time at all to get used to it!