WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Notice WTF.next

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey,

We're working behind the scenes to bring you the next version of WTF.com.

This will involve both a major software update, and a new custom style to go with it.

While we do various maintenance tasks and clean out the barn, some features on the current site may disappear (shoutbox, confessions, new post counter, similar threads, etc.). Some will return in a new form when we relaunch, some will permanently be put out to pasture (and good riddance)! These aren't bugs, we're aware of what will be switched off.

You'll just have to be patient for a little while as the upgrade in software will require quite a bit of work. All add-ons will need to be re-written (some already have been), or we'll use the opportunity to utilize alternate versions from other coders. We'll be cleaning up the database, but all content, members, post ratings, photos, and media will remain.

We'll keep you posted on any downtime...

Jason

Founder
Work on this project has commenced, and its going well.

Just a few more color and bug fixes, and waiting on an updated wtf.com text logo.

Then we'll beta test it a little while and launch it.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Work on this project has commenced, and its going well.

Just a few more color and bug fixes, and waiting on an updated wtf.com text logo.

Then we'll beta test it a little while and launch it.
<insert-obligatory-will-there-be-blue-question-here>

Jason

Founder
<insert-obligatory-will-there-be-blue-question-here>
This new design features absolutely zero blue. :)

However, its coded so that we can easily create multiple versions swapping out the red pallets with blue, or purple, or whatever. :)

As for a complete blue, that's something I can experiment with after New Years. :) I'll see if I can get the old blue colors to replace the greys/charcoal/blacks of the site.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
So I tried to log on Thursday night to write some Last Jedi spoilers in the shout box, since I had just seen the movie, but the site was down. I thought Jason took it down so that no one could post Last Jedi spoilers. Today, I can log on, but the shout box is gone. :(

"The greatest teacher failure is."

Jason

Founder
So I tried to log on Thursday night to write some Last Jedi spoilers in the shout box, since I had just seen the movie, but the site was down. I thought Jason took it down so that no one could post Last Jedi spoilers. Today, I can log on, but the shout box is gone. :(

"The greatest teacher failure is."
We had to reboot the server for a security patch, and while we were down I removed a couple of add-ons while preparing for the new site update...

The shoutbox will return for Episode IX. ;)

Jason

Founder
Hey,

There may be some downtime this week as we prepare for some upgrades.. Worst case scenario, this occurs next week. We have to see how the next couple of days unfold for me. The holidays are crazy...

Jason

Founder
OK, we're going to roll this out in a couple of stages as its been very involved...

The software update is done (which also required a few re-configurations with some of the server software).

I think we have things stable now.

The design you see is the default for our forum software. Tomorrow (Wednesday) should be the launch of our own NEW style barring anything crazy... It will also be involved, so its best not to start that after 11pm at night and a nasty migraine to boot. :)

So I'll open her back up as reading/posting shouldn't be a problem at this time.

Jason

Founder
Also.. Once we DO launch with the new style update, I will post a bit on the updated software and highlight some of the newer features available so stay tuned. :)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Well, at least there's blue...

Jason

Founder
We've been working on it all day.. We'll get there, folks!

ib4

Error
Staff
All members should pay attention to new media, like it, and comment on it. It'd be nice to draw activity there and participation. <3 The random media scroller at the top is a cool addition! I just added a tone of new memes!

Jason

Founder
OK, we've rolled things out live but there is work to do...

I'm popping up to NY for the holiday weekend, so I'll take care of any bug reports and other oddities that I'm aware of when I can...

I'll also be working on installing some really fun add-ons, such as our new "post reactions", shoutbox, and some other items.

Stay tuned...