WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

WTF Questions / Comments that don't deserve their own threads [2016+]

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Just an update. You may experience some downtime with ballsgohere.com , but be assured your balls are safe. I'm going to complete migration in the next few days.

It also is worth mentioning that a private message is more appropriate when enquiring about BGH. Though I initially set it up to aid WTF members in posting images here, we are not officially affiliated with WTF.com. It doesn't really bother me. I just don't know if my bosses would like me moonlighting.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Just an update. You may experience some downtime with ballsgohere.com , but be assured your balls are safe. I'm going to complete migration in the next few days.

It also is worth mentioning that a private message is more appropriate when enquiring about BGH. Though I initially set it up to aid WTF members in posting images here, we are not officially affiliated with WTF.com. It doesn't really bother me. I just don't know if my bosses would like me moonlighting.
Bollocks! (laugh track here)

CoprophagousCop

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Premium
Given the flaky state of ballsgohere.com lately, I decided to post pictures as attachments. The first image file uploaded fine. The second file gave me a "The uploaded file is empty" error on my first try. My second attempt uploading the second file succeeded. However, every attempt I have made to upload more files always results in "The uploaded file is empty". The files are NOT empty. They are perfectly good JPEG files. WTF gives?

(I would have posted a screen capture of the error message, which also contains the text "넨ቬᴐሴ", but ...)

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Given the flaky state of ballsgohere.com lately, I decided to post pictures as attachments. The first image file uploaded fine. The second file gave me a "The uploaded file is empty" error on my first try. My second attempt uploading the second file succeeded. However, every attempt I have made to upload more files always results in "The uploaded file is empty". The files are NOT empty. They are perfectly good JPEG files. WTF gives?

(I would have posted a screen capture of the error message, which also contains the text "넨ቬᴐሴ", but ...)
Could you tell me the file size of the failing images?

CoprophagousCop

Premium
The first image I tried was successful and it was 30,459 bytes.
The second image failed on the first attempt, but then succeeded and was 36,661 bytes.
Two other images that I tried repeatedly and always fail are 25,952 and 76,258 bytes.

I know size can not be the issue, because both gehtfuct and PurpleSlurple were able to attach larger images recently to the Random Pic Thread.

The following is my most recent post in the Random Pic Thread:
The third image is the 25,952 byte one that would not attach, so I uploaded it to www.ballsgohere.com instead.

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Um ... Yes. That option was checked by default.
OK. I unchecked it and saved.
Testing ...
suspenders.jpg

Success!!! :)
Now to try it in the Random Pic Thread ...

• LOL
Reactions: TheRover

Jason

Founder
I can also set it to not use it globally, there are occasionally problems with it...

Flash won't last long anyway...

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Likes etc.PNG
For me the likes bar shows up like this now, is this supposed to happen?
The 'disagree' is actually a like, and the 'like' and 'lol' somehow got tangled.
Also, the turkey is now the disagree, for some reason.
I'm using Chrome on a Win8.1 pc.

• Helpful
  • Agree
Reactions: TheRover and Jason

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
View attachment 9376
For me the likes bar shows up like this now, is this supposed to happen?
The 'disagree' is actually a like, and the 'like' and 'lol' somehow got tangled.
Also, the turkey is now the disagree, for some reason.
I'm using Chrome on a Win8.1 pc.
Do a forced refresh load of the page.

We recently optimized our sprite sheet, so the positions changed, meaning the html will have changed too, unless the browser has cached the old sprite sheet or html.

ib4

Error
Staff
I was looking at post today and where the ratings are I saw that LOL was kind of cut off, a different sad face was there than the current one, then i also saw a RIP tombstone...what kind of weird as glitch was that? A test? Or were those old rating types?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I was looking at post today and where the ratings are I saw that LOL was kind of cut off, a different sad face was there than the current one, then i also saw a RIP tombstone...what kind of weird as glitch was that? A test? Or were those old rating types?
Force refresh to fix your browser.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jason

Jason

Founder
Well obviously heh...I was just wondering what it was :)
We updated a sprite containing the ratings.. I'll be renaming it in the future to force a reload for all, but I forgot to do it this time...

I'll also be updating another main one which contains some stale images from previous designs.

• 2Like
Reactions: ib4 and BRiT

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I didn't get this issue. Is it because I always browse the internetz in stealth mode so I have no cache files?