WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Question WTF Questions / Comments that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
Recently profile pages started defaulting to Arcade Stats instead of Visitor Messages.

Is the plan to keep it this way?

Danni

Derp in the North
Premium
I hope not. I like it when it defaults to visitor messages for people I'm friends with so I can leave them messages without having to click over.

Maybe I'm picky, and I know it's a minor inconvenience, but I liked it better the other way. :D

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Answer: No. This was an issue introduced by the new arcade beta we are running. This will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Danni

Derp in the North
Premium
J, when are we going to get our badges back? I miss my pretties, I do.

disturbed86

FILOSAFUR
I have to say I personally prefer the word "home" to the picture of the house. I just feel like it looks more professional to have the former instead of the latter.

Jason

Founder
J, when are we going to get our badges back? I miss my pretties, I do.
You mean the "Awards"?

Do you guys really want these to appear also in your posts?

I gotta figure out an eloquent way to display all these icons, like an ajax-like selectable display window/table. Like a badge icon could open up (without reloading the page) an area in that person's post with all their badges, etc. Maybe do the same with gifts.

Otherwise I want to limit some of the icons in posts at this point. Hmm.

Danni

Derp in the North
Premium
Sorry to double post, but I noticed in the blogs that when you are replying to your own blog, it posts your comment in a light blue background color (in the Dark Incarnate skin, anyway) and it's hard to read. Is there a fix for this? I looked in blog options, but couldn't find anything about changing comment background color.

Maybe I just missed it?

Jason

Founder
Thanks for the report, I'll see if I can make that match each theme more properly.

magnolia

Postaholic
You mean these?
WTF?! - Awards

Do you guys really want these to appear also in your posts?

I gotta figure out an eloquent way to display all these icons, like an ajax-like selectable display window/table. Like a badge icon could open up (without reloading the page) an area in that person's post with all their badges, etc. Maybe do the same with gifts.

Otherwise I want to limit some of the icons in posts at this point. Hmm.
I wondered where those went. Good to know they aren't gone forever.

53V3N

Premium
The little feed below the Navbar is displaying [Forums] after blog entries and [Blogs] after forum entries.

This seems to be happening (intermittently) only in Chrome. Firefox displays properly.

Not sure if my connection (which has been really crappy lately) would have anything to do with this.

Jason

Founder
That's odd, I'll see if I can reproduce that.

Probably something to do with Chrome's javascript rendering engine.. Are you running a GOLD version, or a recent BETA version?

53V3N

Premium
I'm running their latest release (1.2.183.7) not sure if it's Gold but it's not the Beta version.

Since my previous post I haven't noticed it again. Could it have been a one-time glitch maybe?

53V3N

Premium
Weird. That's what I was given from their site. I just assumed it was the latest stable release.

Dl'd Chrome 3 but the installer keeps failing. Think I'll go back to Firefox.

53V3N

Premium
This Day in History is an extremely cool addition to the Calendar. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.