WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Notice WTF.X Beta

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey fuckers,

We have elected to put the updated site live in BETA, as it was at a good point to do so to gather feedback and such. We kept quite a bit of the old that just "worked", and updated it in several ways.

We ultimately want to launch a new logo as well, but we are still not quite there on the whole concept yet.

Please let us know if you encounter any bugs, and place them in the Feedback sub-forum so they can be more easily tracked and squashed. There are some color anomalies around the site, and some spacing issues we're still working out, but please report anything broken, unreadable, or a suggestion for improvement in the proper sub-forum.

We're not interested in negativity, so keep it constructive and classy!

Jane Deere

Mama Deere
Staff
Holy cell phone friendly!! I'm uber confused on how to get to places because I just logged on, but I'm relieved at how much easier it is.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
zombies aaaggghhhh...

cool super fast scroll feature, makes my life easier.

ib4

Error
Staff
Love it! This was the right direction to go!! I really like the old WTF!? image stuff in the bg of the intro paragraph div.

It functions similarly to the first version, yet is nice and new looking!

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Are alternate color schemes a possibility in the future, like there were a few versions ago? I don't know if you know this, but I'm a bit partial to blue. But I REALLY like the layout of the new version!

Also, can the 'new posts' and 'spy' options be on the left of the list instead of on the right?

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
So far I'm not seeing a downside or anything. I like what you've done with the place.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Is the size of everything big for everyone? It is showing up for me like the magnification settings are on. I played with my zoom on Chrome and 90% is still bigger than it was and 75% is smaller than it was.

Jason

Founder
Is the size of everything big for everyone? It is showing up for me like the magnification settings are on. I played with my zoom on Chrome and 90% is still bigger than it was and 75% is smaller than it was.
There is a different font in use currently, though I'm not against tweaking the size of the text in posts and such. We went a bit bigger than we used to, we were a little too small with the old style but I may not have hit the perfect medium as of yet on some areas...

Jason

Founder
Are alternate color schemes a possibility in the future...

<snip>

Also, can the 'new posts' and 'spy' options be on the left of the list instead of on the right?
Yes, and maybe. ;) New Posts wouldn't be that hard, Spy auto-inserts itself (kinky!) and adjusting it is more a pain in the ass... There is also a "New Posts" link in the upper right hand corner of the header, but I'm not sure what ultimately will become of that top bar...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
There is a different font in use currently, though I'm not against tweaking the size of the text in posts and such. We went a bit bigger than we used to, we were a little too small with the old style but I may not have hit the perfect medium as of yet on some areas...
The text size is perfect as is, dont make it any smaller.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Well, just the new posts on the left would make it nicer for me, but maybe there's some overarching goal about layout that I don't even pretend to understand. If you could make the whole site just click/drag that would be awesome.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Don't go changin'
To try and please me
Don't change the color of your hair
Don't imagine, you're to familiar
I love you just the way you aarre

Billy Joel

Jason

Founder
1. Quoted text area enhanced...
2. Staff banner has returned to red...

At first when you login it's all "business in the front", but then after it's like "party in the back!"

Sark

Hail Eris! Fnord
Are you trying to include senior citizens in your demographic? Everything feels cramped and crowded. The design aesthetic is fine, and all text is easier to read, but it's kind of disorienting to have everything so big and clumped together. Just make each object smaller and we're good. :thumbsup: