WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Notice WTF.X Beta

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Everything feels cramped and crowded. The design aesthetic is fine, and all text is easier to read, but it's kind of disorienting to have everything so big and clumped together. Just make each object smaller and we're good. :thumbsup:
You'll have to be more specific. I have generally carried over most layout elements from the previous design, and there is just a change of font and font size in certain areas...? Screenshot highlighting clutter would be awesome.

Jason

Founder
Note to self: You can also tweak the "line-height" value for text if needed.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Are you trying to include senior citizens in your demographic? Everything feels cramped and crowded. The design aesthetic is fine, and all text is easier to read, but it's kind of disorienting to have everything so big and clumped together. Just make each object smaller and we're good. :thumbsup:
No. I think it looks fine. We know for a certainty the old text font size was indeed too small. With that in mind, I say it looks fine as is on the following devices:
1920x1200 PC
1280x1024 PC
Samsung 8.4 Tablet

Jason

Founder
Looks pretty good on the most recent iPad as well...

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
This is what I mean by magnified. Compared to pages that were comparable in size before.
1920x1080 PC

Selection_004.png
Selection_005.png

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
You can't compare apples and oranges. So that comparison does me absolutely no good, since the styles and layouts and amount of content in posts and signatures are different.

We were absolutely too tiny and cramped before. We have corrected that issue now.

Jason

Founder
I can see what you are showing on the first image.. The thread titles and the author are larger then some of the other text. Bold will always appear a little bigger also...

As for the second picture, I don't see a problem?

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
You can't compare apples and oranges. So that comparison does me absolutely no good, since the styles and layouts and amount of content in posts and signatures are different.

We were absolutely too tiny and cramped before. We have corrected that issue now.
I fully realize they are two different sites, hence the stating that the old version was similar in size to the one on the left, and how much bigger it looks now. I don't care if you make the site 300X magnified. I can adjust my zoom/size to my liking. I am only stating that the default size looks now looks like the elderly person large print version of readers digest compared the the normal version of readers digest.

Edit* I don't know why it looks the way it does. I used to be able to see 4-5 posts without scrolling, now it seems I can roughly see 3. and it looks like the page width has grown too.

I realize you aren't going to please everyone. It reminds me of how things look on a fresh windows install before you are able to adjust your screen resolution.

Last edited:

Jason

Founder
I did also notice in that second picture a ton of "controls" missing, and other elements. If it helps, I can enable the older style for any screenshots comparisons you wish to make?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I fully realize they are two different sites, hence the stating that the old version was similar in size to the one on the left, and how much bigger it looks now. I don't care if you make the site 300X magnified. I can adjust my zoom/size to my liking. I am only stating that the default size looks now looks like the elderly person large print version of readers digest compared the the normal version of readers digest.

Edit* I don't know why it looks the way it does. I used to be able to see 4-5 posts without scrolling, now it seems I can roughly see 3. and it looks like the page width has grown too.
The size comparison isn't even 1.5x, so I don't get why you're being overly dramatic with the 300x, other than to express how you're old and can't cope with change. ;)

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
I like the design colors layout ect ect. They are all fantastic. The size is just something to get used to. :)

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Is that Tony Siragusa? Oh My God! Yes, it is.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to but I kind of like it. I've never had to wear glasses but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Things get blurry from a distance and it might make reading the forum easier when I'm drunk. :D

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Is that Tony Siragusa? Oh My God! Yes, it is.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to but I kind of like it. I've never had to wear glasses but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Things get blurry from a distance and it might make reading the forum easier when I'm drunk. :D
New Feature: Extra Drunk Friendly!

Jason

Founder
Note to self: The old text was REALLY small in some areas, I was NUTS!
New Feature: Extra Drunk Friendly!
If we can barely understand him in his next thread, get the boy a Drunk Posting medal! ;)

thekid65

Walking the PG-13 line
This old fucker with fading eyesight appreciates the larger board/fonts.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
I really like this. It's new and improved but you haven't gone overboard so you can't find shit. Or what I've yet to find made anything worse. I too like the text size, whenever I had a migraine it was a pain in the ass to be on here, the text blurred too much with the backround. You've done reeal good.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I really like the bar on top, so if I want to jump to another area I don't need to scroll back anymore.
The "FORUMS" button, it hasn't a drop down menu like the other guys up there, I'd add
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads
  • Spy
just like when you're on top of the page.

I must complain that I didn't get a magnification to my pee pee too.

Jason

Founder
The "FORUMS" button, it hasn't a drop down menu like the other guys up there, I'd add
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads
  • Spy
just like when you're on top of the page.

I must complain that I didn't get a magnification to my pee pee too.
That tab DOES have the hover-over menu, but only when another tab is active...

Can't help you with the pee pee magnification, but there is the Members Photos thread. ;)