WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming X-box 2

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I've been gone from wtf.com for a week or so, I'm back.. Go me..

Yeah it was just rumored before but now there is truly an xbox 2 coming out..

Whats your take?

tzedek

Original Member
maybe this one will have enugh security so that you cant put linux on it... doubtful though

looks pretty sweet, but I miss the point of redesiging a game system that does nothing more than the original aside from change the looks.. and I've heard too many rumors about the PS3 and xbox 2 to bother posting cause the final release of a game system is almost always different than what rumors are out. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/03/news_6106680.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6106680 has a few rumors and sources and whatnot .. just do a search for game rumors and shitloads will come up.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
From what I've heard and read, X-BOX 2 is supposed to:

Have better graphics (A very slight increase)
Surround Sound I think, if it doesn't already have it, or just overall better sound
Better DVD Quality
More Space
Different style console (Does'nt change much, like shape and color)
More Options (Xbox Root Menu)
Fable 2 and other such games will be released for the new system..

Thats all I can think of right now, I found list of stuff thats supposed to change, I'll try and locate again, list contains above material plus a few other things I left out..

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, it will certainly cost a ton too :rolleyes:

p99 said:
I've been gone from wtf.com for a week or so, I'm back.. Go me..

Yeah it was just rumored before but now there is truly an xbox 2 coming out..

Whats your take?
yeah i heard that they were in the process of making it. its a scam because they want to you buy that in addition to X-box 1 so that you will geht to play their "improved" games (which i might add will be impossible to play in xbox 1 because of their smaller size) thats my take

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i dunno its always kinda fun to try out the new systems.... but i really doubt that i will buy one of them. I have a xbox now and i rarely play it... im thinking of selling it so i doubt that i will be buying a xbox 2 cuz i would never play it... ohh well

tzedek

Original Member
im interested if you want to sell it