WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

X-box360

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I know there is one that talks about internet pics on it guys. However I am making a separate post to kind of give a heads up on the system and price.

As you probably know they are realsing two different versions of this system.

one is for $399 and comes with a hard drive, wireless controller and a wireless headset.

The other for $299 comes with a controller, no headset, no hard drive.

With out the hard drive you can not play the old x-box games, download off the internet, nor play "live". If playing live and downloading off the net is not your thing and you really don't care about playing your "old x-box games" then there is no "REAL NEED FOR the hard drive" From my understanding you will be able to save your games on to memory cards like u do now.

Right now, i know for a fact at least my store is. Toys-R-Us are doing RESERVES FOR THEM. You need NOT put any money down and some Toys-R-Us will be opening at midnight the date of 360's realse.

Unforantly I am not allowed to say the exact date they are suppose to break but it is in November.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
When i got the first ps1, i played that a whole lot... Then i got the ps2 when it first came out. I got rid of my old ps1 and kept all teh games. There is no point in haveing it if you can play it on your newer syestem. So i am going to buy the x-box360 with hard drive and all that stuff and sell my x-box... I think it is just better...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
When i got the first ps1, i played that a whole lot... Then i got the ps2 when it first came out. I got rid of my old ps1 and kept all teh games. There is no point in haveing it if you can play it on your newer syestem. So i am going to buy the x-box360 with hard drive and all that stuff and sell my x-box... I think it is just better...
Thing is, you won't be able to play all of the old xbox games on the new 360. Just the select few that are approved by Microsoft (ie. Halo, Halo2, Fable; ieie. Microsoft developed games only).

The only system I am definitly buying is a Nintendo Revolutions. The ability to download/play games from every Nintendo system on the new Revolutions makes it extremely worthwhile.

Though, I will succumb and pick up a PS3 after the first price drop. :(

Jung

???
Premium
I'm probably going to buy the PS3 at launch. I'm going to wait for "killer apps" to show up on he Xbox and Revolution before purchasing though. None of the forthcoming Xbox games have really impressed me yet... so I'm going to wait and see. I do far more PC gaming than anything else anyway, and I regret buying all three last gen consoles; I would've been happy with just the PS2.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
I'm probably going to buy the PS3 at launch. I'm going to wait for "killer apps" to show up on he Xbox and Revolution before purchasing though. None of the forthcoming Xbox games have really impressed me yet... so I'm going to wait and see. I do far more PC gaming than anything else anyway, and I regret buying all three last gen consoles; I would've been happy with just the PS2.

About the end of x-mass I may knwo some info on ps3, but unforantly as of now... it is hushed up. Revolution, i don't expect to get anymore info than what was already told to us.

I honesly think x-box is making a mistake by realsing so much sooner than the two other systems. Lets face it, ps3 will have time to change things and advance beyond xbox as will nintendo...

As for the gameboy micro. I pretty excited about this, it nothing to overly exciting, it just has a nice design and something that will be easy for traveling and caring.

BTW: I can tell all the zelda fans out there, it been pushed back till 06.

:(

Also some really NICE PS2 games coming out... So keep your eye open.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I wouldn't say that MS is making a mistake by coming out sooner; they are trying to nab the Christmas shoppers. My guess is that they hope everyone buys, and is happy with, a 360 so much that they won't have the need/want for a PS3 or Revolutions. Their downfall will be the "suggested" accessories. I mean, $100 for a 20-gig hard-drive?! Please. With a $100, I could get this (those of you not clicking the link; it's a 160-gig drive for $100). Shame on Microsoft.

Jung

???
Premium
I wouldn't say that MS is making a mistake by coming out sooner; they are trying to nab the Christmas shoppers.
I would say that's the idea. They already have the market for the Xbox, so they want to get a jump on the other systems.

It does give the other systems time for improvement, but Microsoft will have the ability to push updates to their systems, so I don't think it will be a huge issue. I hope the PS3 can receive updates in this was this time around...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Fire_ze_Missles said:
I wouldn't say that MS is making a mistake by coming out sooner; they are trying to nab the Christmas shoppers. My guess is that they hope everyone buys, and is happy with, a 360 so much that they won't have the need/want for a PS3 or Revolutions. Their downfall will be the "suggested" accessories. I mean, $100 for a 20-gig hard-drive?! Please. With a $100, I could get this (those of you not clicking the link; it's a 160-gig drive for $100). Shame on Microsoft.
it is their wireless controll and headset that you are more paying for.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
More like the Microsoft name...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
actually, although the difference between the two packages is $100 (and that includes the HD, remote and wireless controller), the HD is $100 if you buy it seperately as an add on.. so all those people who buy the base model will kick/kill themselves when they find out that they should've bought the better package, which would've made the remote and wireless controller effectively free.

I have had an Xbox since the launch, and it's better than any PS2. I won't buy Xbox 360 until after a price drop or two. I don't know much about new games coming out soon, but at the moment, Xbox actually has an advantage in games over PS2.
If I feel like it, I will also get a PS3.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Microsoft aims for hack-proof 360

By Alfred Hermida
Technology editor, BBC News website

Microsoft plans to make its next generation games console, the Xbox 360, as difficult as possible to hack.

The 360 will have security built directly into the hardware, said Xbox engineer Chris Satchell.

Fans have modified the first Xbox to turn it into a media centre, upgrade the hard drive or allow it to play imported games.

Modifying a console is illegal in the UK if this is intended to get around anti-piracy measures on the Xbox.

Consoles such as the Xbox and PlayStation 2 can be modified by chips that are soldered to a console's main circuit board to bypass copyright controls.

The chips allow people to play games purchased legitimately in other countries, as well as running backup copies or bootleg discs.

Shortly after the first Xbox came out, computer scientists, smart amateur engineers and others started taking it apart and creating modification chips and software for the machine to make it do things Microsoft never intended it to.

Custom design

Such actions are frowned upon by the hardware manufacturers. In July last year, Sony won a court case to ban the selling of mod chips for its PlayStation 2 in the UK.

In July of this year, a 22-year-old man became the first person in the UK to be convicted for modifying a video games console.

With the 360, Microsoft is aiming to make it as hard as possible to hack.

"We've taken security to the hardware level and built it in from the ground up," said Chris Satchell from the Xbox Advanced Technology Group. "One of the reasons we went with custom hardware design for all our silicon is that it allows us to build security at the silicon level," he told the BBC News website. "There are going to be levels of security in this box that the hacker community has never seen before."