WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

X700 Pro 256 MB GDDR3

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Yea, it's not the best card on the market...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=319524&pfp=SEARCH

<sarcasm>sorry to let you down junglizm, oh great one.</sarcasm> :p

I got it at CompUSA for 215 with tax, so I'd say it's a pretty good deal. It's about the equivalent of a Raedeon 9800 Pro/XT, which costs about 40 bucks more.

The price:performance ratio is one of the best deals on the market for this card, IMO.

I can run Doom 3 with everything up (Ultra Quality) at about 45 fps (800x600), UT2k4 everything up (1024x768) at about 90-100 fps (minus the occasional glitches cuz of my somewhat out-dated processor), Far Cry everything up at about 70 fps (1024x768), Battlefield 2 everything up (1024x768) at about 90 fps, and a couple other games at respectable speeds.

This is a pretty solid card. I'd definitely recommend it if you're kinda strapped for cash and you need a decent video card to run newer games. Install was a breeze, barely any problems afterwards. I'm definitely impressed. :thumbsup:

you should have done what i did. get the 6600gt off of newegg. it's alot better than the x700 according to jung. and hey, i can run joint ops at about 55 fps at 1024x768 with most settings on medium, and that game usually lags to hell.

but to each his own :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN said:
Yea, it's not the best card on the market...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=319524&pfp=SEARCH

<sarcasm>sorry to let you down junglizm, oh great one.</sarcasm> :p

I got it at CompUSA for 215 with tax, so I'd say it's a pretty good deal. It's about the equivalent of a Raedeon 9800 Pro/XT, which costs about 40 bucks more.

The price:performance ratio is one of the best deals on the market for this card, IMO.

I can run Doom 3 with everything up (Ultra Quality) at about 45 fps (800x600), UT2k4 everything up (1024x768) at about 90-100 fps (minus the occasional glitches cuz of my somewhat out-dated processor), Far Cry everything up at about 70 fps (1024x768), Battlefield 2 everything up (1024x768) at about 90 fps, and a couple other games at respectable speeds.

This is a pretty solid card. I'd definitely recommend it if you're kinda strapped for cash and you need a decent video card to run newer games. Install was a breeze, barely any problems afterwards. I'm definitely impressed. :thumbsup:
Actually the X700 has two extra vertex pipelines than a stock R300. My 9700 Pro, an R300 design, has four. Your GPU has six.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
dull_bullet said:
you should have done what i did. get the 6600gt off of newegg. it's alot better than the x700 according to jung. and hey, i can run joint ops at about 55 fps at 1024x768 with most settings on medium, and that game usually lags to hell.

but to each his own :thumbsup:
maybe it's better than the x700, but this is the x700 pro 256 mb GDDR3...heh.

:rtfm:

point being that i dont want to sit here and say "my card's better than yours!!" all day; i was just letting you know it's a solid card. if you made a thread about your card and gave it a review, i wouldnt insist on trying to out-do you. My opening statement was "Yea it's not the best card on the market...".

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
maybe it's better than the x700, but this is the x700 pro 256 mb GDDR3...heh.

:rtfm:
The benchmarks I showed you were for the x700XT, which was the slowest card of the bunch, regardless of what benchmarks were preformed. Even in benchmarks that ATI usually does beter in, the 6600GT outperforms the top of the line x700 every time.

The numbers don't lie; the 6600GT is just an all around better card. I'm sorry, but I couldn't recommend the x700 as a budget card with the price and performance of 6600GT.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
The benchmarks I showed you were for the x700XT, which was the slowest card of the bunch, regardless of what benchmarks were preformed. Even in benchmarks that ATI usually does beter in, the 6600GT outperforms the top of the line x700 every time.

The numbers don't lie; the 6600GT is just an all around better card. I'm sorry, but I couldn't recommend the x700 as a budget card with the price and performance of 6600GT.
In the Far Cry benchmarks I've seen, the jungle areas ran a fair bit better on the ATi card because of the extra pipelines. Can't remember the link now, but I think it was around 10-15 fps.

And that was with DirectX 9.0c enabled on the 6600GT.

But in the end - who cares? They are both great cards - you can't really go wrong either way.

I love my 9700 Pro to death - even though it only has 128MB of VRAM, it's still a total fucking beast and handles everything I throw at it at a solid 60fps. I'm happy with my 2500+ @ 3200+ setup and that card. But my bro's being a retard and building a box with a dual core 4800+ and 7800GTX SLi - I mean, come on. If I wanna see a night elf's boobs that real I'll go out to my local nerd convention and pick up some chicks. And for the record, I would never do that and I'm not a furry. But sexy cosplay is A-1 SUPER - if the chick is doing it, 'cause I sure ain't! Chun Li outfit = teh hotness.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
In the Far Cry benchmarks I've seen, the jungle areas ran a fair bit better on the ATi card because of the extra pipelines. Can't remember the link now, but I think it was around 10-15 fps.
First, I haven't seen any benchmarks that concur with your claims. I'm going by the ones I posted, because they're from a reliable source. Second, the 6600GT has 8 pipelines, just like the x700, so I really have no clue what you're talking about. x700 - 8 pipelines | 6600GT - 8 pipelines