WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

XBox 360 Internal Pics...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It would seem that certain mod-chip developers, SmartXX, have already obtained several Xbox 360 Dev Kits. They have disected the kits and posted up 30 Megs worth of detailed internal pictures.

I found the external AC-Adaptor to be interesting. Hopefully that will be carried through to retail units to make the system quieter, cooler, and smaller.

jamesp

In Memory...
Wow it looks like that AC adaptor has its own POST. Pretty nifty BRiT.

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
I dont know what to be more excited about, the xbox coming out earlier and cheaper and aparently as good, or the ps2 coming out later more expensive and apearing to me as not much better.

jamesp

In Memory...
In my opinion XBOX is many orders of magnitude better than Playstaion. The graphics are better, as well as the controllers. Plus the 360 will have HD output, up to 16 individual streams, I believe. This baby is packing some serious firepower.

Descent

Hella Constipated
BRiT said:
It would seem that certain mod-chip developers, SmartXX, have already obtained several Xbox 360 Dev Kits. They have disected the kits and posted up 30 Megs worth of detailed internal pictures.

I found the external AC-Adaptor to be interesting. Hopefully that will be carried through to retail units to make the system quieter, cooler, and smaller.
Holy fucking shit, that thing has even less circuitry than my Dreamcast! Talk about tight engineering :speechless:.

Never thought that would ever happen again...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
Holy fucking shit, that thing has even less circuitry than my Dreamcast! Talk about tight engineering :speechless:.

It's Microsoft, those tightwads can't produce a browser that even works. Less is more at Microsoft. :)

jamesp

In Memory...
Descent said:

Ummm....no. The AC Adaptor, that thing in the picture? Yeah, it had a POST boot very similar to a Cisco Router. It has a lot a very advandced circuitry. But it appears to very seemlessly designed.

jamesp

In Memory...
Fire_ze_Missles said:
It's Microsoft, those tightwads can't produce a browser that even works. Less is more at Microsoft. :)
I bet if they made IE open source, it would turn into a much, much better browser. Actually much the same way that Mozilla OS'ing was rebuilt from the ground up by the community and turned into a very popular browser.

Jung

???
Premium
Triton (the IE rendering engine) would need a complete re-write to be worth a damn. OSS or not...

OSS is cool and all, but definitely not the answer to everything. Especially when OSS projects get dropped left and right when something new and cool comes along. OSS is all about trends and what's new and exciting; browsers are neither.

And btw, if you didn't know, Mozilla developers get paid.

</rant>

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
From what I understand only a few xbox games will work on the new 360?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Iron Newt said:
I dont know what to be more excited about, the xbox coming out earlier and cheaper and aparently as good, or the ps2 coming out later more expensive and apearing to me as not much better.
Both systems came out YEARS ago. :rolleyes:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Fire_ze_Missles said:
From what I understand only a few xbox games will work on the new 360?
if you get the more expensive xbox2 that has the hard drive, or pay $100 for it as an add on to the cheaper xbox2, then you have compatiblity with some xbox1 titles, microsoft have deemed only 'major' titles worthy of backwards compatability..
though as i recall the ps2/psone backwards compatability was generally a short lived novelty function.
and my 2cents.. ps3 will be the daddy, it's all about the games..

Jung

???
Premium
I will probably buy both, just like last gen, but I'm looking for the ps3 to be the better console.

P.S. Is Nintendo even still in this race? I feel stupid for buying a Gamecube now...

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
junglizm said:
P.S. Is Nintendo even still in this race? I feel stupid for buying a Gamecube now...
They're probably making a new DS or something.

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I will probably buy both, just like last gen, but I'm looking for the ps3 to be the better console.

Well I just traded my gamecube for a couple of ps2 games, God of war, Project Snowblind and a couple of more games. Nintendo is falling in its popularity and pretty soon will be out of the compitition. Ps3 and Xbox 360 is the main compitition and gamecube will be struggling to keep up.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
Why Jung? You can buy that new mario bros baseball title. Cuz I KNOW you've got a thing for Luigi. /sarcasm

If they are still in the running they're the token player anymore. They targeted the younger market so they had a lower price point. I've never compared it side by side with either of its competitors but I'm guessing it's not as powerfull. At any rate, they missunderestimated the draw for MS and Sony. The younger kids wanted the big kids toys. The big kids didn't want a Fisher Price console. It was a nice attempt but in the end it was a bad call.

Sure they've got some cool titles but nothing that's going to drive people to buy the console like Halo 2 (which I never understood) or the GTA titles (which Sony tends to get a lock on for 6-12 months).

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, I only own like 7 Gamecube games, because most of them suck horribly. Worst purchase ever. :thumbsdn:

Slacker

Postaholic
I would say that it was a attemp to stay in the competition but I do think it will last long.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Nintendo Revolutions. It should be pretty sweet, in the way of Nintendo. From what I hear, it will be able to connect to a server and have the ability to download and play games from SNES, NES, etc.

Here is a link to the top google return. Click!

Slacker

Postaholic
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Nintendo Revolutions. It should be pretty sweet, in the way of Nintendo. From what I hear, it will be able to connect to a server and have the ability to download and play games from SNES, NES, etc.

Here is a link to the top google return. Click!
The only prob with gamecube that it couldn't play DvDs.

Pretty sleek. But is there any good games for it? I have a SNES and a Nintendo 64. But are the graphics still the same?

Thats good that it plays DvDs and Wireless controllers.

The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world's richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.
I have all those games. Which is good. And you can compete with people accross the world.

I think Xbox 360 and the ps3 has some compitition.