WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

xbox360 smashed up with hammer.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
these guys went and stood in line and bought a new xbox360 console last night at midnight.. then smashed it up outside the store with a sledgehammer..
LINK

something else i have been watching today is the xbox360's on ebay, they are selling for between $1200-$1500 each, for a $399 item that you will be able to get quite easily in a few weeks at most.
must be a lot of cartman's putting the squeeze on.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
nevermind. Link wasn't working when I first tried; working now...

Easty

Click click boom
not really, microsoft has cut off the amount of 360s they will manufacture until next year. im just gonna wait until 360 has circulated for a while, then go and buy a new original xbox and some games for it

my friend works at wal-mart and took a picture of all those retards sitting outside the electronic dept. they went up and down about 7 or 8 aisles, and got yelled at by employees for using pillows they didnt pay for. ha!

plus, if you wait till next year, the 360's price will come down a bit.

Easty

Click click boom
sleeping bags- $25
food-$15
xbox 360- $400

looking at the expression on those people's faces-priceless

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
just one question...WHY do they smash them with a sledgehammer?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
on that other forum, gamefaqs.com, there are already stories about 360's overheating.. i know these could just be sony fanboys being shitty but there is some truth in first batch consoles being flawed.. i think it's better all round to wait until spring to buy one. iron out those glitches first..

of course, i'm waiting for the ps3.. :thumbsup:

Easty

Click click boom
to see other's reactions, i guess

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Stardust said:
just one question...WHY do they smash them with a sledgehammer?
from the site, which is up again.. www.smashmyxbox.com

Faq
Questions you might have about the project
  1. What is this website?
    Due to success of the SmashMyiPod.com site we decided to take the whole smashing thing a little further, and destroy things right when they come out, in front of 100s of fanboys who would be quite upset to see their beloved game console smashed.
  2. Aren't you helping Microsoft by buying their product?
    I got nothing against Microsoft making money. This project only exists for the sole purpose of providing satisfaction to people who hate the Xbox, or just like seeing the reaction of the people who just spend a day in line to get their hands on one of these consoles. Entertainment, nothing more!
  3. This is fucking stupid! You are an idiot! Why are you wasting money on this shit when you could help charities?
    If people want to help charities, they are welcome to do so. Im not forcing anyone to donate money towards this project.
  4. Why are you collecting money?
    Simply because I don't have $430 lying around the house that I would be willing to throw out for the entertainment of others. If everyone donates a small amount, then the damage to everyone's pocketbooks is minimal!
  5. Which Xbox are you getting? Bare bones or with all the extras?
    Bare bones
  6. Why are you collecting $430, when the bare bones Xbox 360 is much cheaper!
    We Canadians get screwed big time, especially now that the exchange rate between USD and Cad $ is crap, but the retailers still charge $100 more for each system. Futureshop sells the bare bones system for $399.99 Cnd $ ($460 including tax), which is around $390 USD. The extra money goes to cover the paypal fees.
  7. How do I know you won't just steal it?
    That question seems to pop up a lot. Im not going to steal the money because if I actually do this, I can make a lot more money selling the video rights, and advertising inside the actual video. And I simply love smashing things!
  8. What happens if you don't collect all of the money by the deadline, or if you are unable to purchase the xbox?
    Money will be either refunded, or shifted towards another project at the donor's request.
  9. Why should I donate? Will I get anything special?
    You will be able to view the video a day before its publicly released on the site.
  10. How much can I donate?
    As much as you want. Just keep it over $3, since paypal takes a nice chunk out of it.
  11. How do you plan to break the Xbox?
    We will do whatever we can. Just let it be a surprise.

hah. i won't shed a sad thought. an xbox is a souless compilation of plastics. millions will be made. this one loss shouldn't bother anyone if they have any common sense at all.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
void said:
something else i have been watching today is the xbox360's on ebay, they are selling for between $1200-$1500 each, for a $399 item that you will be able to get quite easily in a few weeks at most.
must be a lot of cartman's putting the squeeze on.
i cant understand it. i went to best buy yesterday because i didnt believe there would be a line. there were oodles of people lined up for some stupid crap you can buy right after christmas. i hate microsoft!

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
My buddy works at a local area Target; and their display 360 overheated in less than 5 hours. And when I say overheated, I mean the damn thing will not boot anymore. When it turns on, it glitches, and freezes.

Who's not buying one? Me!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Who's not buying one? Me!
Haha, people who buy any system at launch are plain fucking stupid.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i just read about someone last night at a compusa selling his place in line for $800, so that person paid $1200 for a 360..

also hearing a lot about fan noise in addition to the overheating problem.. the fan in some cases is reported as being audible during gameplay.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
void said:
also hearing a lot about fan noise in addition to the overheating problem.. the fan in some cases is reported as being audible during gameplay.
Take a close look at the picture of the smashed Xbox 360. Can YOU find the secret decoder ring?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i'm not buying a 360 or a ps3. 400 dollars for a game console is ridiculous, even if you only get 2 of the leading consoles that's 800 dollars, which can get you a pretty decent computer. from my experience any worthwhile games put on consoles are put onto the computer also. additionally i didn't really think xbox or PS2 were worth it. there were a couple good games and when they came out i thought they were pretty good. i got addicted to halo 2 for awhile, but a couple of games on each isn't worth $400. i'm skipping this wave of consoles unless i hear that it is much better than the xbox and the price falls below 300. the only game for console i can see myself buying would be elder scrolls oblivion, but that will definitely be released for PC

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
WizardlyFriend said:
i'm not buying a 360 or a ps3. 400 dollars for a game console is ridiculous, even if you only get 2 of the leading consoles that's 800 dollars, which can get you a pretty decent computer. from my experience any worthwhile games put on consoles are put onto the computer also. additionally i didn't really think xbox or PS2 were worth it. there were a couple good games and when they came out i thought they were pretty good. i got addicted to halo 2 for awhile, but a couple of games on each isn't worth $400. i'm skipping this wave of consoles unless i hear that it is much better than the xbox and the price falls below 300. the only game for console i can see myself buying would be elder scrolls oblivion, but that will definitely be released for PC

Just think about it man: When XB and PS2 came out, they were 300$ a pop. Now they're 80$. I remember watching CNN when the main console manufacturers announced they'd be dropping their retail prices to 200$ (and Nintendo dropped to 150$ from 200$). It all happens apace, regardless of the console generation. That's why I'm waiting a year or longer before getting either system, and I'm going to spend that time doing research and asking people about each system before deciding which to get.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
plus.. there are games that do not appear on PCs.. not the FPSs or sports games but the weird quirky games that only appear on the ps2 or gamecube.. i'm a fan of the more japanese type of games, xbox doesn't do it for me.