WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

xfire

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
xfire is in trouble!!!!! go email yahoo hate mail!!!!

:mad: :thumbsdn: yahoo :mad: :thumbsdn:

Diesel

Clitpickle
Yeah, saw that the other day.
Pretty sad that they're picking on the little guy, especially when the little guy's application is superior.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
wow, what a cool new toy! never heard of them before, thanks zick-

Hellbreather

Shhh, Im hiding
Yahoo should go to bloody hell they are sooooo annoying :cool: :sword: :axe:

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
Diesel said:
Yeah, saw that the other day.
Pretty sad that they're picking on the little guy, especially when the little guy's application is superior.
yeah that is pretty damn sad lol, im glad that they're countersuing

Descent

Hella Constipated
Is it just me or does this smell like the Nintendo vs. Ampex case from the 80's?

The N. v. A case was over Ampex's '555 Patent' that allowed bit mapping handled through the system's memory directly instead of a frame buffer.

The Atari 2600 used this method. The NES, however, did not. It had a dedicated frame buffer for the video chip, as opposed to sharing memory devoted to the system.

Here's the scary part: The judge at the time was not experienced with patents.

Nintendo lost the case miserably. Fortunately, they applealed, and they were awarded 500 million in damages, one of the largest awards for a patent infringement lawsuit in U.S. history.

Needless to say, it ran Ampex out of business.

Let's hope XFire wins.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
yeah, xfire's lawsuit against it is for like 2million, are they even a profiting company?

</rant>

Tenderony
The thing is XFire is for gamers. Its not like they have the same target audience is it?

</rant>

Hellbreather

Shhh, Im hiding
Yea, I know, can someone fill me in on this all I know is something is going down and I hate Yahoo anyway, I haven't tried to use xfire in a while
Anyone care to fill me in so I can be angry too?

</rant>

Tenderony
Hellbreather said:
Yea, I know, can someone fill me in on this all I know is something is going down and I hate Yahoo anyway, I haven't tried to use xfire in a while
Anyone care to fill me in so I can be angry too?
:thumbsup:

</rant>

Hellbreather

Shhh, Im hiding
ummm </rant> WTF?!?!?!?!?! That dont explain nuttin about whats going on.
Someone please explain :upto: or I will have to get evil on ya ass :upto: :mfinger: Jk

</rant>

Tenderony
Hellbreather said:
ummm </rant> WTF?!?!?!?!?! That dont explain nuttin about whats going on.
Someone please explain :upto: or I will have to get evil on ya ass :upto: :mfinger: Jk
Umm. You lost me. It explains what yahoo is trying, and what xfire is doing about it.

Try this one

Other than that what else do you want to know about?

</rant>

SouthWolf

I'll fuck you up!!!
The whole situation here pisses me off. I like yahoo better as a messenger service but it is retarded for them to try this shit against xfire. Someone else already posted that they target two seperate audiences. XFire is great for gaming with your buddies so you can all find the same server or see if your buddies are around to play. But for chatting it sucks. Personally I would like to see a mutual settlement where neither party suffers. But I have to choose a side I say xfire. Yahoo started the bullshit and it should backfire. Plus they could absorb it and keep going.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I say google should get involved and side with xfire, then they would kick yahoo ass and we can all be happy! Plus they would make xfire even better. :thumbsup: