WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

ya, right...

does/did anyone really believe in those old sayings like, "apple a day keeps the doctor away" or "dont swim one hour after you eat"? or really, does anyone hear those anymore? i nevr remember paying attention to stuff like that, and i havnt heard any of those in a few years. are they dieing off? or have we just decided to stop talking bull****? either way, i want some opinions.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Mike aka Fatass said:
does/did anyone really believe in those old sayings like, "apple a day keeps the doctor away" or "dont swim one hour after you eat"? or really, does anyone hear those anymore? i nevr remember paying attention to stuff like that, and i havnt heard any of those in a few years. are they dieing off? or have we just decided to stop talking bull****? either way, i want some opinions.
since when is there a censor? fuck shit balls cunt motherfucker bullshit etc. im pretty sure they all show up. did you bleep yourself? why? fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck double fuck. piss. cocksucker, twat. vagina (curse, probably not). anyway those are true for some reason. actually i thinkt ehy proved recently that an apple a day is bad for you. or that it is good, i forget which one. but the wait one hour after eating is important. monkey tits, boobies.

WizardlyFriend said:
since when is there a censor? fuck shit balls cunt motherfucker bullshit etc. im pretty sure they all show up. did you bleep yourself? why? fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck double fuck. piss. cocksucker, twat. vagina (curse, probably not). anyway those are true for some reason. actually i thinkt ehy proved recently that an apple a day is bad for you. or that it is good, i forget which one. but the wait one hour after eating is important. monkey tits, boobies.
lol....

umm the swimming thing is not true. i'll eat some food then jump right into the pool and i feel fine.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
dull_bullet said:
lol....

umm the swimming thing is not true. i'll eat some food then jump right into the pool and i feel fine.
perhaps, but you can get sick. applying basic biology the following happens. when you eat and the food is being digested much of your blood is being pulled to your stomach and such because you are digesting food. additionally while swimming you hold your breath a lot. when holding your breath you do not get oxygen adn your body may begin to perform anaerobic respiration meaning that it will create energy without the help of oxygen however a by product is lactic acid which causes cramps. you may start anaerobic respiration because A) you are swimming and holding your breath, B) a lot of blood/energy is being used right now for digestion so you may not have enough oxygen to do both while swimming, C) combination

while you may not necesarily get cramps, and when you get cramps chances are you won't die it is still a good precaution to teach.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
dont chew your fingernails or a hand will grow in your stomach...

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Darklight said:
dont chew your fingernails or a hand will grow in your stomach...
oh no!!!! i had a watermelon grow in my stomach once for eating the seeds, only the black ones will do it though. the white ones are fine for eating :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
WizardlyFriend said:
The funny thing is, he didn't bother to check his spelling or capitalize anything, but he took the time to censor himself. :lol:

No, I never believed that nonsense; it was nothing more than folk lore. It's not based in any scientific proof, and I really don't trust the info of people who just repeat what they hear without researching it. But really, who cares why you don't hear them anymore, they were annoying anyway.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
WizardlyFriend said:
perhaps, but you can get sick. applying basic biology the following happens. when you eat and the food is being digested much of your blood is being pulled to your stomach and such because you are digesting food. additionally while swimming you hold your breath a lot. when holding your breath you do not get oxygen adn your body may begin to perform anaerobic respiration meaning that it will create energy without the help of oxygen however a by product is lactic acid which causes cramps. you may start anaerobic respiration because A) you are swimming and holding your breath, B) a lot of blood/energy is being used right now for digestion so you may not have enough oxygen to do both while swimming, C) combination

while you may not necesarily get cramps, and when you get cramps chances are you won't die it is still a good precaution to teach.
Nah it's been proven lately that you get enough oxygen to your muscles even while digesting. So it's safe to jump in the pool after eating.

Jung

???
Premium
Also: Sugar does NOT make children, or anyone for that matter, hyper.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
RageAgainst said:
Nah it's been proven lately that you get enough oxygen to your muscles even while digesting. So it's safe to jump in the pool after eating.
perhaps, but i dont know that from basic biology.

PERHAPS!!!!

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Zimbu said:
I thought you wern't supposed to eat before swimming because the likelyhood you'd get a stitch or vomit.
that's what she said

If you go swimming less than an hour after eating, you get eaten by leeches.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Zimbu said:
I thought you wern't supposed to eat before swimming because the likelyhood you'd get a stitch or vomit.
who the fuck vomits after eating? freaks

Don't pick your nose or your head will cave in! :eek:

Scared the shit out of me when i was younger.

Dragonfly said:
Don't pick your nose or your head will cave in! :eek:

Scared the shit out of me when i was younger.
Don't pick your nose or bad things will happen to you.

star99ers

One of a kind
Don't make faces because your face might get stuck that way!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Don't shit down a slide or mommy will punish you

oh wait, that actually happened to me as a kid.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
if you kiss a girl in her bathing suit.. she'll get pregnant...(they actually used to say that long ago)