WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Yasser Arafat: Dead or dying?

ferengi

Yay fire!
I think most of you know that Yasser Arafat has been in a French hospital for a few days. Today I heard on the radio that he was in a coma, and that there were some reports that he was already dead. Any thoughts on this?

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
ferengi74656 said:
I think most of you know that Yasser Arafat has been in a French hospital for a few days. Today I heard on the radio that he was in a coma, and that there were some reports that he was already dead. Any thoughts on this?

Probably dead, from the look on the guys face on the news when he said that Arafat wasn't dead tells me there just trying to figure out what to do before they go public. Err maybe I took it the wrong way... anyhow he's either in fact dead or creeping up on death....

Jung

???
Premium
ferengi74656 said:
He's dead. Don't you people know how to use google? The link below was the very first result.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1385027,00.html
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has died after slipping into a coma on Wednesday at a French military hospital.

tzedek

Original Member
i am going to dispute that article jung...

CLAMART, France - Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) was hovering "between life and death" in a coma Friday, no worse but also no better than he was a day earlier, according to Palestinian and French officials.
link

wont be long though

Jung

???
Premium
Fair enough; it seams to be a very unclear issue thought. You're probably right though, I heard he was dead and haven't paid much attention since.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1616207,00.html
Paris - Palestinain leader Yasser Arafat has been declared brain dead, reports Israeli TV, citing French sources.
http://wcbs880.com/mideast/mideast_story_308195111.html
CLAMART, France (CBS) Several French and Israeli media reports say Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has died.
However, French doctors have issued a statement that he is still alive.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/497284.html
Sources at the French military hospital where Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat has been receiving treatment on Thursday denied reports that the 75-year-old Arafat has died, but described his medical state as "complex."
"Mr. Arafat is not dead," Christian Estripeau, a spokesman for the Percy
Military Training Hospital in Clamart outside Paris, told a news conference in a brief statement.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
they're gonna keep him alive till they can find a place to bury him... they are shooting for Jerusalem ... he might be on life support for awhile...

urbestbet

Clitpickle
not long now

cnn is just reporting that he's had a brain hemerage,soo i don't know,whats so weird is the suggestion he was poisoned,kinda like how they said the "government" gave bob marley cancer

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
He's ALIVE!

No, he's DEAD...

Wait, he's feeling BETTER.

That Suha, what a kidder!

R

RedOctober

It's normal that when a dictator dies, the power struggle is raging behind the curtains of the theatre. Arafat probably is living as a plant hanging on some machinery. The moment you pull the plug, he's dead.

I don't know why the French even let the bloody basterd in their country. :confused:

--------
Incoming news...

There is also a quarrel over his inheritance ;)
The jackals are tearing the loot apart.
Arafat owned a lot of money, hidden in unknown places..

Aaaaaahhh..
Now I get it ...
That's why the French are so friendly! ;)

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
RedO said:
I don't know why the French even let the bloody basterd in their country.
this is thier "don't bomb us" attempt at relations with Muslims.... they are mad at France about the religious headgear ban..

R

RedOctober

DanGeo23 said:
this is thier "don't bomb us" attempt at relations with Muslims.... they are mad at France about the religious headgear ban..
Well.. That's the strange thing about muslim terrorists..
In Turkey that's the law for decades already.. :rolleyes:

But any reason is good to blast people to kingdom come in their idiot minds.
So what.. Europeans enough.
We don't give a shit.

Dutch cities even do battle around the soccer fields, so nobody is really very upset if such a city of hooligan scum is blown up. ;)

( Oh well.. I think that was very dark Dutch humor) :wasntme:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Well,if anyone gives a shit,Arafat kicked off tonight. 1929-2004
Cant wait to see what crazy shit happends now.

tzedek

Original Member
well, thats one less terrorist we have to worry about.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I think we should throw a party to celebrate Yasser's death.... er I mean the memory of his life ;)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
That sucks that he died yesterday. :thumbsdn:

tzedek

Original Member
Rage against said:
Please tell me that was a joke...

I regret that comment for it was very disrespectful towards Mr. Arafat. But, he did used to fund a terrorist group, I believe it was called "Black September". RIP Yassar Arafat

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Funding a palestinian independence movement, how evil!

tzedek

Original Member
you be the judge pal.

LINK

Black September's most well-known operation was the "Munich massacre", the kidnapping and killing of Israeli athletes during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.

Other actions attributed to Black September include:

December 1971: attempted assassination of Jordan's Ambassador to London, Zeid Al Rifai.
February 1972: sabotage of a West German electrical installation and a Dutch gas plant.
May 1972: hijacking of a Belgian Sabena airplane flying from Vienna to Tel Aviv.
March 1 1973: attack on the Saudi Embassy in Khartoum, killing the American chargé d'affaires J. Curtis Moore, the American ambassador, Cleo Noel, and the Belgian chargé d'affaires, Guy Eid.