WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Yelling

Big E

burner of random shit
In argument why do we find it better to yell. Is it to show our supirior voice or somthing what are do you think
:argue:

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
I think it is just a way of trying to get the point across easier, or some people are just loud anyways.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I think it is all about the emotion. The louder you are, the more strongly you belive in your opinion.

Slacker

Postaholic
Actually, I think for some people it's really a sign of frustration too. I know it is with me. I think I've raised my voice alot in arguements. And for people to get there points across faster. And it's a contest to see who can get their word out faster and louder. Once one person yells the other person has to yell louder to get their point heard.

leehype

That's true Linksy, and yelling also comes into play when some one tries to stop the argument. I wonder if yelling is in any way good for the body?:rolleyes:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I think many Stupid people use yelling to convince themselves they win arguments. I can't remember how many times I was calmly telling someone how wrong they were, with proof, and then they would yell and rant and stomp off feeling they were the victor. Idiots.

Sometimes yelling is the only way to get through to stupid people, you have to stoop to their level and all that.

Sometimes, yelling is needed to not go insane.

YMMV

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
JLXC said:
I think many Stupid people use yelling to convince themselves they win arguments. I can't remember how many times I was calmly telling someone how wrong they were, with proof, and then they would yell and rant and stomp off feeling they were the victor. Idiots.

Sometimes yelling is the only way to get through to stupid people, you have to stoop to their level and all that.

Sometimes, yelling is needed to not go insane.

YMMV
That is very true. Stupid people just need to step down, and relize that they are not as smart as they think they are.

the only i yelling is when i'm having a sweet ass orgasim, arguments aren'tm worth my vocal cords :)

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
I like to see how long it takes me to make someone yell in an argument. I usually sit there and make smart ass replies until they bleed from their eyes.

As for me yelling. Why strain?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I hate yelling. I think I've actually lost the ability to yell. I'm usually a quiet person and when I say something, you better be listening or you'll miss it...

I generally don't get into a lot of arguments because of my quietness, and I'm generally friendly because of my lack of arguments, but when I am in an argument, I'm usually drowned out by peopel making horrible points...

I just don't like yelling.

leehype

Boycott said:
I hate yelling. I think I've actually lost the ability to yell. I'm usually a quiet person and when I say something, you better be listening or you'll miss it...
I realy don't like people like you because I'm slowly losing my hearing:mad:

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
I would say people shout in an argument to satisfy thier own ego. People shout in an argument to put the other person down. How do you feel when you shout at someone really bad and they cant say anything back? You feel this weird happiness inside of you. I think its the happiness of beating the other person, the happiness of thinking you're superior, the happiness of satisfying your ego. I dont even think shouting is going to lead us to a conclusion, only temporary silence. Im not that much of a shouter by nature, if someone shouts at me, ill listen to the bs. The faster it gets over, the better it is.

I shout in an argument sometimes when the other person isn't fucking listening.

I wouldn't argue if I didn't know I was right.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Lamp you are the type of person I like to argue with. Easy to make shout anywhere.

I'm an easy target. I have trouble differentiating sarcasm from truth, then I'm always honest about myself so people know my weaknesses and I make myself vulnerable, blah blah...kind of like right now.

Shit, I'm doing it again.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Yea now I know how to piss off Lamp! HAPPY HAPPY! JOY JOY!

diamond

The nice guy
I tend to do the opposite.

If I talk quietly, even people who were previously yelling tend to quieten down. It works with children too. If they start screaming, you start whispering. They have to shut up in order to listen, otherwise people are effectively arguing alone.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
zoloftcasserole said:
It helps release pent up anger and frustration. That's my guess anyhow.
So does sex. Come to think of it sex and yelling are almost one in the same.:thumbsup:

Easty

Click click boom
i agree with zoloft. helps with the venting we need. fucking newbies:thumbsdn: