WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Yet again, not a comment or suggestion...

Smiss

smissinat0r
It's a question...

WHAT THE HELL ARE REPUTATION POINTS?!?!?! :confused:

Smiss

smissinat0r
my repuation is flawless. i'm a complete asshole

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
From the Soup, asshat ;P If you liked someone's post, you gave them a point. If you didn't like their post, you took one away. Same concept.

Smiss

smissinat0r
Well I figured it was something from the soup. But I never knew anything about that... :/

I'm not sure how it would be used on WTF, just what is positive here - venting, pissing someone off, making someone smile - oh, who the fuck knows! I think having a negative score on this site would be appropriate.

Smiss

smissinat0r
But how did/does it work on the soup, cause I never heard of it before...

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
mthrlangl said:
If you liked someone's post, you gave them a point. If you didn't like their post, you took one away. Same concept.
Seriously, that's about it. You click on the little checkmark box thingie, and you can leave a comment about why you did or didn't like said person's post. Like, if you called me a fuckwit and pissed me off, I could take a point away from you. But if you gave me good advice, I could give you a point. You can go to your User CP (link located upper left) and see what kind of comments you've gotten in response to your posts.

wow smiss, you must be a n00b!!!!!11

on the soup it was mod-controlled, mods could add or subtract karma from members, and it would say how many karma point things you had on the side under your name

here it's everyone-controlled. karma-ize me for explaining it! aaahahahaha

quick add to smiss's reputation, Gum is knocking it down calling her a noob