WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Yo Fister

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Pretty sure they're built in the same plants over in the chi-com.
Not really. TTI bought the Milwaukee brand and are stamped out in China. Makita remains Japanese. But ya know what's funny? I cannot buy Makita because I have a weird OCD variant or something because I absolutely HATE that blue/teal whatever you call it. It's god awful.

Here is my metal circ. Can't speak to mild steels or anything else because I only use it for aluminum plate. Works like a charm. As Chaizaziniazinac said...I'm a plasma cutter/straight edge mild steel user. You just can't beat it in terms of cost of consumables.
milwaukee.jpg
milwaukee2.jpg

Just for shits...check out Arduino Vs. Evil (AvE) on youtube. He's the sickest when it comes to tool comparison, tool break down and general (or specific) insights into a vast array of awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil/videos

Last edited:

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Oh and I know I've said it before but you really need to be using other people's failure to your advantage. I want to say I got that Milwaukee for $30? Right around there...can't recall exactly because it was part of a bulk buy

because retail is for retards. Show patience and you'll be buying a metal cutting circular saw AND a plasma cutter for less than the cost of a new blade.

Start here and learn the ropes.
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/au...ogue-id-bscmy10425?archiveSearch=False&page=1

Last edited:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Not really. TTI bought the Milwaukee brand and are stamped out in China. Makita remains Japanese. But ya know what's funny? I cannot buy Makita because I have a weird OCD variant or something because I absolutely HATE that blue/teal whatever you call it. It's god awful.

Here is my metal circ. Can't speak to mild steels or anything else because I only use it for aluminum plate. Works like a charm. As Chaizaziniazinac said...I'm a plasma cutter/straight edge mild steel user. You just can't beat it in terms of cost of consumables.
View attachment 10623
View attachment 10624

Just for shits...check out Arduino Vs. Evil (AvE) on youtube. He's the sickest when it comes to tool comparison, tool break down and general (or specific) insights into a vast array of awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil/videos

TL;dw - AvE uses Milwaukee circular metal cutting saw to cut 1" steel plate.

I've made a few purchases based on his tool reviews over the years. Just got recommended this video by the YouTube, and the saw got used in much the same way as I intend for mine, and possibly for the same reasons.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I thought maybe that was going to be a man vs food episode involving 1" thick 125 lbs steaks...