WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

You Are Not Safe In Your Own Home

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Wasn't sure where to post this so I threw it in entertainment. It's an art installation and it's fabulous. Anybody seen it?

http://www.lydia-lunch.org/you_are_not_safe.html

It's interesting to me because I've been pondering that subject recently and it's scary and intense.

How are is too far and how much is too much when love is concerned. People jump over the line and don't know how to come back.

I think it's brilliant.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i hadn't seen this one no, thanks.. to be very honest this does look like how i imagine a bedroom occupied by lydia lunch would degenerate/elevate to.. this work seems to evoke (no doubt unconciously) and at the same time eclipse the work of tracey emin, 'bed' http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Units/arthist/sharp/issues/0002/pPDF/pTraceyEminMyBed.pdf
but on a level more attuned with actual artistic provocation.
nice (if that's a word?)

plus..
Gallon Drunk, The Bad Seeds, and Tom Waits
..no wrong.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
My sister is into this kind of "art". but it doesnt do it for me. "er, wtf?"
i'm not going to slag it off as i can see and understand what the creator was trying to portray. yes, You Are Not Safe In Your Own Home! :D :sword:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
It's really intense. I love how it says so much and stirs so much without saying a word.

She had a loop playing at the exhibit, a tape recording of an angry lover's phone message. Plus a video of I'm not really sure what.

God, to have been there.

I think this particular piece is as strong as her spoken word.

BklynCannonball said:
I think this particular piece is as strong as her spoken word.
I don't know, some of her spoken word is pretty strong. Then again, that's just my opinion, and a picture is worth a thousand words.