WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

you fucking kidding me?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
decided to go to overstock.com to see what the tv hype is about...

those who dont know its supposed to be an online shopping site that specializes in overstocked items from other stores they sell dirt cheap...

I've been planning on buying my wife an MP3 player for christmas as she's been bitching about always borrowing mine. so i looked it up.. SURE... it looks like a deal when you overblow the retail price. They claim the retail price for a 128mb player is 129 dollars... the retail for a 256 is 159 dollars... a lyra 4 gig retail is 199 dollars.. I could get a 10 gig Ipod for that! the 'discount' price they claim is more around retail.. I saw my ARC 2.5 gig player on there for 179 dollars retail.. the so called discount price 119 dollars.. I paid 99.99 IN THE STORE!!!

fucking assholes...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
They used to actually be a pretty good deal. Now they're just as bad as buy.com

Even if this place was actually a good deal, I would never give them service until they stopped making such shitty commercials.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
well compared to tacobell or that new cellular commercial with the dude singing in da hood to carma chamelion, they are gold..

an exploitation of the human psyche, and the fact that people are too lazy to check the real retail price, believing they're getting a good deal and coming back for more.

From what i gather, ALL their item would turn out not to be the hugely slashed prices you hoped for.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Their whole advertising premise is "our website starts with the same letter as the word Orgasm."

Fuck them.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
TheLampIncident said:
Even if this place was actually a good deal, I would never give them service until they stopped making such shitty commercials.
Fuck that man....you and I both know, you wana bang that blond milf......and don't try to deny it!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I actually think she's really ugly... Not just her appearance (which is ugly, by the way), but the way she carries herself is ugly as hell. I wouldn't touch that bitch with a mile long pole.

Her voice when she says "It's all about the gold" sends an eerie chill down my spine.

Mr. Sandman

acidum arsenici
She's always wearing that fucking gold "O" necklace...

Yes, everything at overstock.com sucks. I was trying to find a good marker for paintball, I found one there that was 200 dollars that I liked, but then I got the exact same one for 65 bucks from a canada pb store.
:jester:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i'm going to buck the trend here and rather than bitch about the woman in the ad and the prices not being cheaper i am offering a website link where i guarantee the shit they sell is super cheap.. i don't work for them, know them, or even care if this flies.. but i found this today and think it's a very cool idea, worth checking out on a regular basis.. :thumbsup:

Online store sells one discounted item/day

w00t is an online store that lists a single, deeply discounted item every day and leaves it there until midnight or until supplies run out -- the store sports really, really good bargains on great serendipitous stuff.

What is Woot and who's behind it? Woot.com is an online store and community that focuses on selling cool stuff cheap. It started as an employee-store slash market-testing type of place for an electronics distributor, but it's taken on a life of its own. We anticipate profitability by 2043 by then we should be retired; someone smarter might take over and jack up the prices. Until then, we're still the lovable scamps we've always been. But don't take our word for it: see what the online community has to say at this Wikipedia article.

I see only one item, do you sell anything else? No. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 11:59pm central time when it is replaced (see next entry for details). However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

What is the schedule for new items? The short answer: we offer a new item every single day. The details: a new product is released every morning at 12am central time, seven days a week. (If you're not a morning person, this can be described as every night at midnight. Better?) If a product sells out during its run, a new item will not appear until the next release time. You will know if a product is sold out, because the main page says "SOLD OUT" instead of "I want one". (Clever, eh?)

I missed yesterday's item, can I still get one? No. Each woot.com product is discontinued at 11:59pm central time. That's that. Period. We may get more at a later date if we're lucky, but we offer no guarantees, we allow no backorders, and we have no waiting/notification lists. Too bad.
LINK click on 'today's woot' when you are ready to see today's bargain.