WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

You Know What Really Grinds my Gears? Public Humiliation in my School System.

BooGoo1002

Fresh Meat
I have been a perfect student since Kindergarten. Never skipped class, never talk back, and have NEVER gotten a detention. The only reason I failed my Algebra class was because I missed two months of the year. My teacher's were all helping me EXCEPT my math teacher. Who blew me off every time I tried to get help with homework, tests, or even the exam review. Regardless of that situation I have tied me best to be an easy student to deal with, since it is not our teacher's faults that this idea of school was created. So why make their jobs hell?
This year is my senior year and I am finding it difficult to pass my Geometry EOC (Government test) . Which means that in my state I am one point short from graduating. I am required to have 2 points on this test or they'll hold me back. Well, fifth time taking this test. I have certainly failed. However, I was also failing one of my classes. I was purposely doing so because of the ridiculous fact that she degrades her students in front of everyone. The only way they'll remove you from one class is if you're failing. Even if the teacher is horrible if you pass they force you to stay. So, I got transferred out. The day I was transferred however. My counselor, let's call him Mr.C. So, Mr. C called in into his office to transfer me out of that class.
What he did to me instead was ridiculous. I suffer from severe anxiety and major panic attacks. I have a plan set at school for what I am supposed to and allowed to do during a serious panic attack. Well, he is the one that sets up that paper for me every year. Mr. C sat me in the office for fifteen minutes and told me how I wasn't going to graduate. How hopeless my situation was. Worst of all he asked me if I truly wanted to graduate. Which is ridiculous since how hard I have worked my entire life to graduate.
My panic attack's are set off by being alone in crowds, crying in public, yelling, and anger.
I went into the worst panic attack I've had since my freshman year. After he was done drilling me about things that were in no way true (I did talk to my teacher about my grade and she said I'll have ABSOLUTELY no problem passing that class.) he sent me to class. I went to the bathroom to cry and use my coping tools to stop crying so I wouldn't be a terrible distraction for the class. Again, this is what I am supposed to do. I have been told to do this by my counselor, doctor, etc.
I even told him I was going to be in the bathroom and he said, "That's fine."
Twenty minutes goes by with me in the bathroom doing my damndest no to throw up and pass out. That was when I got called into the office... He called me to the FRONT office to PUBLICLY humiliate me about not making it to class. He even threatened to take away ALL my passes for school. To the bathroom, teachers rooms, library, everything. And told me I was creating trust issues.
I have never skipped class EVER, I have never talked back EVER, and I have never been a problem student EVER.
I am SO Fraustrated with this whole situation.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
The school system is shit. Even other teachers say that the school system is shit. Teachers graduate from college, then have to take the shitty classes that doesn't even fit their education, because the teachers that have been there for years get to pick first even if the classes they pick don't fit their education. The new teachers become jaded and start treating everybody like shit.

BooGoo1002

Fresh Meat
The school system is shit. Even other teachers say that the school system is shit. Teachers graduate from college, then have to take the shitty classes that doesn't even fit their education, because the teachers that have been there for years get to pick first even if the classes they pick don't fit their education. The new teachers become jaded and start treating everybody like shit.
Honestly, I used to love school but the teachers and counselor's have made the system that was already broken more of a hell. I don't understand why they do this to something that is already miserable.