WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

"You need to get motivated"

wocket

pocket pal
Jesus christ...I just finished listening to a lecture from my dad about motivation.

Alright, some background: It's the beginning of the 2nd marking period, so there aren't very many assignments, which translates to not many points. Because of this, if you fail a test or something, it will have a DRASTIC effect on your grade. I failed a test. It wasn't a lack of effort or anything...I just couldn't wrap my brain around the concepts. Since it's the beginning of the marking period, my grade is pretty low right now.

Apparently, because I failed this test and because my grade is so low, I "don't give a shit" about school anymore. Not only that, but because I "don't give a shit", my dad has failed in his duty as a parent. I'm sorry, what?

Now, I love my dad, but this just seems like a load of bullshit. Since when did not passing one test mean that a student has lost all motivation?

I lost all motivation...

as a result, i failed all my tests and never finished my assignments.

and i still don't give a shit.

motivation should be sold in drug form.. or.. something..

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
He is just scared... he doesn't want you to loose motivation and become a little hoe who likes to party, drink, do drugs and have sex in the middle of the football field. That is understandable. Just try to do better next time. This way you can show him that you aren't a hoe. Yet.

wocket

pocket pal
From what I've seen in my school, you can be a hoe AND get good grades.

Still, I understand WHY he did it, but the HOW is what is pissing me off. Don't try to tell me what I give a shit about.

wocket said:
From what I've seen in my school, you can be a hoe AND get good grades.
That's because all the hoes pay guys to do their schoolwork for them. They've got quite a racket going.

As for me, school was never anything I could care about, so I can't help you.

shep

Local alcoholic
TheLampIncident said:
That's because all the hoes pay guys to do their schoolwork for them. They've got quite a racket going.

As for me, school was never anything I could care about, so I can't help you.
Pay guy's?what in blowjob's :p

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
wocket said:
Jesus christ...I just finished listening to a lecture from my dad about motivation.

Alright, some background: It's the beginning of the 2nd marking period, so there aren't very many assignments, which translates to not many points. Because of this, if you fail a test or something, it will have a DRASTIC effect on your grade. I failed a test. It wasn't a lack of effort or anything...I just couldn't wrap my brain around the concepts. Since it's the beginning of the marking period, my grade is pretty low right now.

Apparently, because I failed this test and because my grade is so low, I "don't give a shit" about school anymore. Not only that, but because I "don't give a shit", my dad has failed in his duty as a parent. I'm sorry, what?

Now, I love my dad, but this just seems like a load of bullshit. Since when did not passing one test mean that a student has lost all motivation?

Because when you are a parent, you push your kids so that they can have the opportunities you either failed at or never thought of. so, from our point of view, you, as a child, reflect us, as a parent to the rest of the world. You will understand more when you are a parent.

What if you would rather fail? Would you want to make your kid happy by letting him do so or push him to not fail and piss him off while trying to save his own good?

Liquid-Zero

Assassain Wumpus Hunter
wocket said:

My brother's in the same situation. It's not getting better though :rolleyes:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
wocket said:

Sounds alot like my dad. :thumbsdn:

ChilianFuckFace said:
He is just scared... he doesn't want you to loose motivation and become a little hoe who likes to party, drink, do drugs and have sex in the middle of the football field. That is understandable. Just try to do better next time. This way you can show him that you aren't a hoe. Yet.
Let me get this straight- she wants to show her dad that she's not a gardening implement :confused: :lol:

Mr Cliche

The Chosen
Your father suffers from a common difficulty. It's called 'living vicariously through your children-eosous'.

He failed as a child, and he's scared shitless thats what you'll become.

Same for me, my dad's a public servant LOL

wocket

pocket pal
wocka said:
hehe nice username, Wocket
Thanks. Got it from a Dr. Seuss book.

Update on the situation: dad seems to have gotten over himself, and he's calmed down a bit, though he does occasionally remind me that if I pass this course (psychology), I'll be possibly getting a college credit. He's really a cool guy...I just think he was in a bad mood that day or something. :confused: