WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Young Girls have HORRIBLE taste in music

Has anybody gone outside and listened to the shit the girls listen to these days. I mean alot of them listen to talentless blondes and brunettes, such as Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Disgusting.

Then the ones who like hip-hop listen to it's lowest forms, like Lil Jon. Who in their right minded can listen to a retarded man scream out the same 3 words to the same music in a different order. I actually looked at this mans tracklisting out of curiousity, and half of the album is actually skits done by Chris Rock.

Or maybe the girls might listen to other talentless pop musicians, like Alicia Keyes. It's a fucking travesty that Kanye West made one of her songs, and that Mos Def then starred in the video. I'm stunned by this. Then you have Keshia Chante.

I actually live in Brampton, Ontario, the same city Keshia Chante lives. She goes to a school called Mayfield. If I wanted to, I could easily get her autograph, but I'm not dickwash. The real sad part of it is that many girls I know plan to goto Mayfield simply to meet Keshia Chante. A fucking travesty man, I'm telling you.

Please, don't say TL;DR. You're wasting my time and yours.

P.S. For those who wonder why I should criticize without saying my own taste, I'll save your time: I listen to Mos Def, Kanye West, Common, Talib Kweli, and The Game. I think at this point I've stated my case well enough

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Well, My sis listens to Ashlee Simpson and shes 17 :rolleyes: Which is kind of sad. And crazy at the same time.
Music's gone to shits these days anyways, Hopefully one day, young people will realise better music.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Its because they have no real idols, so they idolize people who will call them sluts, or sing badly with emo lyrics...

Right now i'm listening to Radiohead... A lot of people would say Radiohead is shit because they're too slow... I just tell them to go learn an instrument then come back and say it... I really doubt they would after learning some of their parts... Not to mention Thom Yorke can actually sing rather than these other bands that can't.

Easty

Click click boom
im listening to bruce springsteen right meow. i dont have a little sister, but music's music, personally i don't care what people listen to. before i came to college, i hated country, and partially still do. it just doesnt bother me all that much anymore.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Boycott said:
Its because they have no real idols, so they idolize people who will call them sluts, or sing badly with emo lyrics...

Right now i'm listening to Radiohead... A lot of people would say Radiohead is shit because they're too slow... I just tell them to go learn an instrument then come back and say it... I really doubt they would after learning some of their parts... Not to mention Thom Yorke can actually sing rather than these other bands that can't.

Radiohead is wonderful! the majority in www.audioscrobbler.com has radiohead as their top artist :) just felt like telling you that..btw join audioscrobbler you get to know alot of new bands that matches your taste, it works if you hav winamp (have to download a thing first) but it's really really nice :)

I like The hives, many say it's crap becouse they are loved by all stupidteenagersthatloveallmusicthatcomesfrommtv, but i don't give e sh*t (pardon my language) becouse oh my god they can play. :)

And yes about that why many have bad taste 2day is becouse they are afraid to be left out if they don't like britney spears or somethin like that.
I would like to burn all those...the artists i mean..they give ideas to 11years old and older that they should be sexy an dress really slutty to be cool..i hate that. lets stop here before i say to much...

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
Theres gotta be some kinda trend, cause i listen to just about everything except for those shitty teeny-bopper pop atrist faggots. Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears--------WHAT THE FUCK is that shit?, its not music.

Jung

???
Premium

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Magic Hobo said:
Then the ones who like hip-hop listen to it's lowest forms, like Lil Jon. Who in their right minded can listen to a retarded man scream out the same 3 words to the same music in a different order.
Yeeeaayyahh!!! Lil John! Yeeeaaayyaahhh!!!

Oh, you forgot to mention all that emo crap. "Boohoo, I 28-years-old and I´m still singing songs where I whine like a bitch that my dad never lets me borrow the car."

2233boys

Yes you are!
Music as a rule hasn't been Good since 1995 maybe 96, granted a good band comes out with some good music from time to time, but I think we are in a vortex of Bad music much like we were for most of the 80's (with some noteable exceptions)...

1990 to 95 a lot of good music was out. 70's and 60's good music.

Jung

???
Premium
2233boys said:
Music as a rule hasn't been Good since 1995 maybe 96,
I tend to agree, but I also listen to some very obscure music. I find good new music all the time, but it's definitely nothing you'll ever hear on the radio or MTV.

2233boys

Yes you are!
junglizm said:
I tend to agree, but I also listen to some very obscure music. I find good new music all the time, but it's definitely nothing you'll ever hear on the radio or MTV.
I agree.

I have an eclectic taste in music myself. So I kind find something I like. Today’s MTV world isn’t even as good as it was in the early 90’s… Sigh…

Were have all the good bands gone…

Easty

Click click boom
dustinzgirl said:
My daughter is nine. That is all we hear. Somebody shoot me. Please.
:gun: DG

done.

*hum* oops, i did it again! *hum*

Zoso

Zappafied
heres what I don't understand- how can these American Idol winners call themselves musicians? They have a voice, and they can hold a note. big friggin deal. yeah, ill admit that i cant do that myself, but that doesnt make them a musician. i think in order to be in American Idol and participate in a talent contest that involves music, they oughtta be musicians. they should have to submit written songs, or be able to play an instument. These bozos have corporate offices that write all their songs and they SUCK royally. I think shows like american idol, who do not require actual musical talent, are some of the reasons why american music sucks so bad right now. why write your own songs or play instruments? if you have a voice everyone will do it for you.... so refined and so processed. okay Im done.

2233boys

Yes you are!
Zoso said:
heres what I don't understand- how can these American Idol winners call themselves musicians? They have a voice, and they can hold a note. big friggin deal. yeah, ill admit that i cant do that myself, but that doesnt make them a musician. i think in order to be in American Idol and participate in a talent contest that involves music, they oughtta be musicians. they should have to submit written songs, or be able to play an instument. These bozos have corporate offices that write all their songs and they SUCK royally. I think shows like american idol, who do not require actual musical talent, are some of the reasons why american music sucks so bad right now. why write your own songs or play instruments? if you have a voice everyone will do it for you.... so refined and so processed. okay Im done.
Some likely can play instruments, and their voices are instruments in and of themselves.

I tell you what if Trach Boy lasts one more week, American teens shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Zoso

Zappafied
but theres no effort and no creativity. music is mostly creativity. how can you be creative and artistic and express yourself if all the work is done for you? that show sickens me.

2233boys

Yes you are!
Zoso said:
but theres no effort and no creativity. music is mostly creativity. how can you be creative and artistic and express yourself if all the work is done for you? that show sickens me.
Good point, but they still have to sing the song, and that is something most of us can't do.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
yeah tell me about it. my younger sister used to listen to hanson all the time. oh, did you hear they made a comeback? either did i.

welcome to the curse of mmmbop

2233boys said:
Good point, but they still have to sing the song, and that is something most of us can't do.
Great, they can sing a song without sounding like rabid bullshit roasting on an open road. It doesn't make them any more listenable. The Kelly What'sit person was the most sucessful of the entire show ever. And only because she quickly jumped onto the emo bandwagon, thus appealing to spoiled bitch little girls.