WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Your Country vs Mine

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Guys / Gals / other,

How easy is it to get into your country? If I bring cookies, can I come stay with you?

I am good engineer. I can fix kettle. I cannot fix dead people.

And I am being dead serious.

My country has a bleak future, and I don't want to find out that I am correct about the way it's going... I'd rather find out I'm wrong, and return...

Please don't start posting things about how terrible everything is in your countries, I do not care. I will take it. :p this is not one of those posts... where everyone ends up ridiculing the politics and leaders and blah blah blah I know the whole world is burning. and stuff. but . . .

Our students. Are burning. Our Universities. so they can get free education...

end of story.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Its easy to get into the US. You can chill if you want... but Ill probably be living in a tent so... bring your own tent. Also be good at chopping wood and trapping food.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Its easy to get into the US. You can chill if you want... but Ill probably be living in a tent so... bring your own tent. Also be good at chopping wood and trapping food.
hmmmmmm not so much trapping the food... but I got my own tent... and I have green fingers if there's farming space :p

but seriously? I thought the U.S. is pretty tight on them letting people in? Can you maybe point me in a direction of where I should start?
I mean, I can search the internet, yes, but maybe you know the straight and narrow... and then you can teach me ^_^

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

that was brilliant! thank you :p but I actually want to do this the legal way... I am looking to be a engineer if possible, bus-boy if I have to :p

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Come to UK by way of France, there's a jungle there, it will soon be moving here

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
I was scared that you were from Germany and I wanted to study abroad there, but now I'm cool with it. The situation just sounded so similar.

Jung

???
Premium
hmmmmmm not so much trapping the food... but I got my own tent... and I have green fingers if there's farming space :p

but seriously? I thought the U.S. is pretty tight on them letting people in? Can you maybe point me in a direction of where I should start?
I mean, I can search the internet, yes, but maybe you know the straight and narrow... and then you can teach me ^_^
Be a skilled professional in a sought after field.
Be financially stable.
Find a corporation to sponsor your for a work visa.
Obtain citizenship.

Pretty much the same for any industrialized country.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
Jung is right. Get a company to hire you. Many American companies will hire scabs that ask for less money in order to cut out the overhead of employees that have been their backbone for thirty years. Just happened to my brother. Oh and get ready for the next scab or A.I. to replace you. Also you will be far more equitable if you ask for part time work as they will not need to provide benefits. Do not break your leg if this is your strategy, the Hospitals literally charge by the minute.
You won't effect me, my skill set is unique so I really don't care. There is plenty of room here for many people but the days of career engineering are over.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Be a skilled professional in a sought after field.
Be financially stable.
Find a corporation to sponsor your for a work visa.
Obtain citizenship.

Pretty much the same for any industrialized country.
true true true... but if someone on the other side can help with this... then it's so much easier.

as in help being provided by a fellow human being :)

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
@TooSmartGuile yes. since 2006 or something (short answer)

long answer: it is not so much a 30% pass minimum, as it was an attempt by the Government to produce "qualified" peoples that would then be "able" to work. It is also largely applicable to what has been termed "previously disadvantaged ethnic groups" because of our... history. This is not something I like to get into, since you have had to be here for the past 30+ years to truly understand what has been happening in South Africa.

but our Universities have tried to keep a high standard... and they have largely succeeded, hence the current student protests and "riots"...

we have a saying here: "Our biggest export over the past 30 years have been our educated people."

it's a long, sad, story.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
The Netherlands is not that hard to get into, if you're willing to put in time and effort. But if you ask me, you'd better try it higher up, in Norway. They have a strict system for letting people in, but once you're in, it's almost perfect.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Thanks Swah :)

I have been looking towards Norway yes... but in all aspects, I will need a job in the country. I cannot get over on my currency. I tried Australia a few years back, and that would've set me back about ZAR 80k ... which is not something I have lying around :p (and it will be higher this time round)

Norway I know has a pre-requisites for Engineering: (last I checked and heard)
Language (especially for the initial interviews)

I have recently started learning Bokmål. Although, it is one thing to ask for a beer, and another to discuss a technical viewpoint... I'll see. I might have an opportunity to go to CA, USA next year... otherwise I am thinking of the Netherlands (language is easier for me). then on to Bergen, Norway.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
@Out2Lunch ,are you currently in India?

Cause if you are not, then I think you are missing the point of my thread :)

Besides, I do not agree with India's climate, their work ethics, or their treatment of cattle... but thanks for the suggestion hehe

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
@Nebulous jesus dude hahahahaha I know :p hahahahaha :'D woooooh hehe

Of course I will pay rent. I mean, I am not trying to get anything for free here :) was just thinking, maybe someone knows of something :D besides, I still have to wait for my actual degree to be handed over to me xD

and if that doesn't happen... mmmmm then I'll make another plan...

• 1Like
Reactions: Nebulous