WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Your first computer?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Does anyone remember theire first computer? Mine was a commodore 64. It rocked, I wish I had one to fuck with now. And then we had a 3g Tandy computer that was pretty cool too, but it was really hard to use. Then my mom had one built likie 6 yrs ago it was almost 2 g and it still works just fine.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Want to know something pretty funny? I work for dell, and I have never ever owned any of thier products. Mine are all made non-corp. LOL....I do have a dell printer I bought off ebay for like, 25$ but I cant afford ink.....

we had a 386. it had windows 3.1 on it... got it back in 89 or somewhere... funny thing is, windows 3.1 was more reliable than XP is. never crashed... that i recall.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
Then: packard hell PII with MMX..64mg Ram...8mg agp vid card..with 6.4gig hardrive
Now: 3.2ghz, 128 8x agp geforce 5200...512sdram...300gb HD sata...dvd-rw....dual flat panel dvi[18.1"]/vga[17"] setup.....

Descent

Hella Constipated
Mine?

A Dell 3/16SX

16MHz 386, 6MB of RAM, 30MB HD

Funny thing is, I got it in 1998. A couple years later I got a Compaq Prolinea 486-66 DX2 with 12MB of RAM and a 120MB HD, and a 1MB Tseng Labs ET4000 2D video card.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Unforgiven said:
we had a 386. it had windows 3.1 on it... got it back in 89 or somewhere... funny thing is, windows 3.1 was more reliable than XP is. never crashed... that i recall.
very true 3.1 never crashed... hmmmmm.....

The_DEA said:
apple IIc
Same here... with the ribbon printer. God damn that thing was a bitch, hated the little sides with the holes that the printer caught to move the paper. Most of the time I'd rip the document when trying to rip those side things off. CHEAP perferations.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I had a vic-20 then a com 64. Then an IBM AT 8086

Descent

Hella Constipated
The_DEA said:
very true 3.1 never crashed... hmmmmm.....
That is very, very wrong. I have had 3.1 crash on me so many times it would take both my fingers and toes to count it all up.

It was unreliable as hell...just like XP.

WINDOWS SERVER 2003 FOREVER BABY!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
jstager said:
That is very, very wrong. I have had 3.1 crash on me so many times it would take both my fingers and toes to count it all up.

It was unreliable as hell...just like XP.

WINDOWS SERVER 2003 FOREVER BABY!
Alright, I know that this isn't technically incorrect wording, but I thought it was funny.

I had some crappy Acer or something (I truly don't remember). I now have a dell, that sucks slightly less.

:thumbsup:

Ctoit

Tenderony
dustinzgirl said:
Want to know something pretty funny? I work for dell, and I have never ever owned any of thier products. Mine are all made non-corp. LOL....I do have a dell printer I bought off ebay for like, 25$ but I cant afford ink.....

You work for Dell and cant afford ink for one of their printers?.............steal it that company obviously doesn't pay well. :cool:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I still own my first computer system: Atari 130XE.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Mine was a laptop I shared with dad. It used PC speaker, had a monochrome screen, Windows 3.1, and could run The Lost Vikings with acceptable performance.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
my personal first like besides family is my Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop..it ran everything, very nice..but now it's all fucked up and the only way to save it is a new motherboard...which i'm looking into

papagnome

Banned - What an Asshat!
mine was a custom build by my dad my mom gave it away after we got an new computer i wanted to kill her its like my child she gave it to my aunt who threw it out she killed my chiald(sp?) i leanerns alot on that computer

/me crys for days

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Papa elf, I'm glad you kept on track, so really you weren't necro posting, but this thread is pretty old, also I have one question.
How do you spell child first the right time, and then just forget about a sentence later?

Carry on.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
Pentium 2
256 ram
3g hd
no video or sound card, crappy ones built into the mother board

I used it to play downloaded video games.