WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

You're NOT Psychic!

16
0
0
#1
My mother is driving me insane with her insanities.
It started quite innocent, just a fad feng shui book here and there. Then came the astrology books, then came being greeted after not seeing her for weeks by "beware of mars transits!!" and now she starts to believe that her amazing psychic powers is bending the universe to her will.

Now here's the amazing powers she claims having:
"The other day there was this horrible article in the newspaper and I was thinking 'someone should write and complain' and guess what?? The next day, someone did!"

"Suddenly I thought of my friend and then she called me! isn't that STRANGE?"

She also prefers to attribute absolutely everything to spirits and ghosts, even if there are perfectly normal and proven explanations. Such as sleep paralysis instead of "an evil spirit sitting on one's chest at night" or undercurrents instead of "unhappy ghost of drowned person pulling other people down".

To her medicine science is another downfall of humanity to her, even after pointing out the average lifespan in the days before modern medicine.

You don't have superpowers, planets aren't floating balls of happy energy with dolphins dancing around them and science isn't out to destroy humanity, now get over it!
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#2
Dude... She needs help, take her pretty drugs away from her. I am really sorry, but i am glad you are not believing her bullshit.
 

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
2,755
934
357
#4
wow! I mean I've met people that believe they are psychics but the only ones I may even extend some belief to are the ones that don't talk about it. The more you talk about the pretty universe and all it's mighty powers that you either control or contribute to, the less I believe.

She sounds like she just needs to attention and something to believe in. Maybe she is trying to deny the world she's actually living in? Sort of a protection from the "evils" of today's life? Or maybe she just needs a good smack upside the head... ;)

Well, she sounds harmless, Don't let her dolphin protected world get to you. You have yours; let her have hers.
 
16
0
0
#6
Bitch said:
She sounds like she just needs to attention and something to believe in. Maybe she is trying to deny the world she's actually living in? Sort of a protection from the "evils" of today's life? Or maybe she just needs a good smack upside the head... ;)

Well, she sounds harmless, Don't let her dolphin protected world get to you. You have yours; let her have hers.
It's more a cause of being bored, never coming out of the house and suddenly discovering the joys of internet. Unfortunately she often lands on some kind of tripod hosted page written by "astrogrrll" or similar and takes it for actual valid information.
I just hope she never finds those pages claiming we're living on the inside of the world, that there's cities on mars and that a hole in the north pole gives access to a secret underground world run by alien nazi's.
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,891
0
0
#8
Ramune:


Would you ask your mother to send me the winning lotto numbers? I know she can't use her superpowers on herself.. So, I will step up to the plate an bare this burden. Texas Lotto..


Thanks and I will buy her a nice big chanting candle for her troubles. I can also get her a sweet deal on hogs wort, and road lizard oil.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#9
Broken said:
Ramune:


Would you ask your mother to send me the winning lotto numbers? I know she can't use her superpowers on herself.. So, I will step up to the plate an bare this burden. Texas Lotto..


Thanks and I will buy her a nice big chanting candle for her troubles. I can also get her a sweet deal on hogs wort, and road lizard oil.
Lets see

there 7 numbers right

first one will be #3..... #8...... #27............#45............#17............#5..........#15 .............

I have enough Road Lizard Oil... what I really Need is some zombie flesh and crystal ball...
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,891
0
0
#10
_Kitana_ said:
Lets see

there 7 numbers right

first one will be #3..... #8...... #27............#45............#17............#5..........#15 .............

I have enough Road Lizard Oil... what I really Need is some zombie flesh and crystal ball...
Sorry I can't help you with the Zombie flesh. They are like Dragons only found in England.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#11
Broken said:
Sorry I can't help you with the Zombie flesh. They are like Dragons only found in England.
make sure you give me a crystall ball atleast or i shall curse you.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#13
GottaHurt said:
I got some brass balls you can rub and peer at....
sorry gh... brass doesn't work. I need the crystal ones so I can guess the lucky lotto numbers like i did for broken
 

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
2,732
0
100
#14
_Kitana_ said:
sorry gh... brass doesn't work. I need the crystal ones so I can guess the lucky lotto numbers like i did for broken
i have some in my back pocket..
 

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
1,591
0
0
#15
_Kitana_ said:
sorry gh... brass doesn't work. I need the crystal ones so I can guess the lucky lotto numbers like i did for broken
Oh these work, very well indeed :cool:
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,891
0
0
#16
Yeah, I don't like the fact that my Nick and GH's balls are in the same post. Sick Ass Bastards.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#17
Broken said:
Yeah, I don't like the fact that my Nick and GH's balls are in the same post. Sick Ass Bastards.
LoL

ok i am not touching this one anymore