WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines YouTube removes ads from InfoWars’ Alex Jones channel but says it has no plans to delete it

No worries. Eventually a self respecting conservative, sick of being associated with this heap of shit will blow his head off.
I’m somewhat conservative, definitely not self-respecting, and I dislike Alex Jones.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
You're clueless. You dont even know what freedom of speech means. Youtube is NOT the Government.
Just because Youtube isn't the government, doesn't mean we can't call out Youtube for taking away monetization. Just because a corporation does something, doesn't mean we can't speak out against it.

Anyway, this was on the front page of Youtube. Fighting fake news my ass.

scientology.png

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Just because Youtube isn't the government, doesn't mean we can't call out Youtube for taking away monetization.
Freedom of speech only concerns being censored by the government. That makes your original statement one of ignorance.

Now you're changing your argument.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Freedom of speech only concerns being censored by the government. That makes your original statement one of ignorance.

Now you're changing your argument.

Proof?

That's ok BriT. You don't know what you are talking about.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Everyone ignorant person in the US, yourself included, who talks about freedom of speech always does so in the context of The First Amendment. The First Amendment only applies to protection from the government. It does not apply to restrictions imposed by private individuals or businesses not acting on the behalf of the government. Only in very few situations do the laws address restriction of speech by businesses, one such situation relates to employment laws concerning forming of unions or disclosing salary, this is not one such situation.

On YouTube is a heap of crap, it simply wouldn't exist if they really started to ban all nonsense. To start with all Russian bashing, Jezus loves you quirkyness, Niburu and chemtrail bullshit. Where shall we start? First bozo to ban from YouTube will be Donald Trump. He's a pain in the neck for all stand up comedians.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Everyone ignorant person in the US, yourself included, who talks about freedom of speech always does so in the context of The First Amendment.
Nope. This has nothing to do with the constitution. If Youtube demonetizes videos, I'm allowed to think that Youtube is being retarded, and I'm allowed to say that Youtube shouldn't do this because it's a bad idea. Demonetizing, hiding, and banning videos with unpopular opinions just promotes the idea that people shouldn't ever have to face an opinion they don't agree with. It's really entitled and narcissistic.

On YouTube is a heap of crap, it simply wouldn't exist if they really started to ban all nonsense. To start with all Russian bashing, Jezus loves you quirkyness, Niburu and chemtrail bullshit. Where shall we start? First bozo to ban from YouTube will be Donald Trump. He's a pain in the neck for all stand up comedians.
Either don't watch it, or post a reply disagreeing.

Jung

???
Premium
Nope. This has nothing to do with the constitution. If Youtube demonetizes videos, I'm allowed to think that Youtube is being retarded, and I'm allowed to say that Youtube shouldn't do this because it's a bad idea. Demonetizing, hiding, and banning videos with unpopular opinions just promotes the idea that people shouldn't ever have to face an opinion they don't agree with. It's really entitled and narcissistic.

Either don't watch it, or post a reply disagreeing.
LMAO. You are not not entiteld to ad revenue. Those companies that pay for the monetization fees own the property content creators make money off of.

You are derping about freedom of speech when this is a property rights issue.

Jung

???
Premium
Lol. Where do you think monetization comes from? Each and every advertiser provides a policy for what type of videos they will allow their ads to be shown on. If specific videos or entire channels don't match up to the type of content that advertisers green light, you won't get paid. Monetization is a contract, not something you are entitled to just by merit of uploading. This isn't about free speech; the channel isn't being censored. This is about property owners not wanting to associate with content created by extremists. Choosing not to advertise on certain content is not limiting speech. As for Google, they have an advertising platform to protect. No rational company picks fights with their revenue stream to appease individual content creators.

Jung

???
Premium
Except nothing is actually being censored. You are fake news.