WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

ytmnd.com, quicktime, and firefox

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
every time i visit that site i get a little tab at the top of my browser that says install missing plug in:

i clikc it, it takes me to a new window inside firefox and says the only plugin missing is quicktime, which i have. and it says that i have to install it manually and it provides a link. anyway the link takes me conveniently to quicktimes 404'd page.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

so i clickt he links they give you on that page adn get to a page where i can download quciktime to install if i download itunes too. (i got xp). so i do that and install both of them and huzzah! then i get back on firefox and go to the site and BAM! missing plugin detected. quicktime is even in my system tray.

so does firefox just not like this site or is there some way to fix this problem?

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Dunno, I get that too. F qt.

Jung

???
Premium
WizardlyFriend said:
so does firefox just not like this site or is there some way to fix this problem?
It's a problem QuickTime has with embedded audio, but only in the browser plug-in.

First, I'd try seeing what about:plugins says about your QuickTime install. Second, I'd check the QuickTime (or QT Alternative) plug-in settings.

Fyi, I'm using QT Alternative rather than QuickTime, if that helps.

Failing that, I don't know; it works for me though. I'd check Mozilla Zine if all else fails.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
in the MIME settings i checked audio too and i was able to hear the audio, unfortunately im still getting hte plugin missing thing, but they work fine.

Jung

???
Premium
You might want to test it on some other sites. YMTD isn't exactly the best place to test browser performance; view the source ans you'll see some horribly shitty javascript. (not malicious, just crappy.)

This problem seems to be hit-and-miss with most people though; only some people have these problems. You might want to tryr QT Alternative, and recheck about:plugins. (I loathe QT on Windows.)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
ill download QT alternative, do you know waht the latest version is? i found 1.4.7 on a website, but im not sure if trhat is the latest version available.