WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

YTMND.com

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
I can hear it just fine...

Jung

???
Premium
swizeguy said:
I can hear it. Screw mac
Right, but you probably don't use Firefox.

"LOL FUCK MACS THEY SUCK LOL" :rolleyes:
LiberatioN said:
http://ritalinusers.ytmnd.com/ - made everything from scratch, but i cant hear anything.
Try using Flash instead of mp3 or wavs, they'll load a lot quicker and it negates the Firefox Quicktime problem. When you embed the Flash object, just use heighth="0" width="0".

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Yeah i do use firefox... why do you say that?

Jung

???
Premium
swizeguy said:
Yeah i do use firefox... why do you say that?
Because this audio bug is related to Firefox. I was just guessing that you didn't use it, my bad.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I did that first...sry. i couldnt find it...

anyway, thanks for your [previous] help

junglizm said:
It's a problem QuickTime has with embedded audio, but only in the browser plug-in.

First, I'd try seeing what about:plugins says about your QuickTime install. Second, I'd check the QuickTime (or QT Alternative) plug-in settings.

Fyi, I'm using QT Alternative rather than QuickTime, if that helps.

Failing that, I don't know; it works for me though. I'd check Mozilla Zine if all else fails.
btw it works now. yay!

junglizm said:
Try using Flash instead of mp3 or wavs, they'll load a lot quicker and it negates the Firefox Quicktime problem. When you embed the Flash object, just use heighth="0" width="0".
I'm pretty sure it requires you to have an audio source (external of flash)...otherwise you cant post it. If that was an option, I would have considered it.

junglizm said:
"LOL FUCK MACS THEY SUCK LOL" :rolleyes:
The only reason swize said that is cuz teh_anarchist was a smart ass by recommending that i get a mac.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Looks like you got it working, but I just wanted to give props to QuickTime Alternative. I've been using this since the beginning. All the features and none of the hassles...

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Well I beg to differ. In the new version, Mac decided to say, "Hey! I've got a shitty idea! Let's incorporate iTunes (something that almost all Windows users don't use) into Quicktime so they're forced to have it on their computer if they want the newest version!" I had to go in and uninstall all these shitty plugins that kept messing with my Winamp and/or WMP10. :thumbsdn:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
LiberatioN said:
Well I beg to differ. In the new version, Mac decided to say, "Hey! I've got a shitty idea! Let's incorporate iTunes (something that almost all Windows users don't use) into Quicktime so they're forced to have it on their computer if they want the newest version!" I had to go in and uninstall all these shitty plugins that kept messing with my Winamp and/or WMP10. :thumbsdn:
Beg to differ about what? QuickTime Alternative has NONE of those hassles.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I loved the original Zelda 64. The following versions sucked though.

I must agree ... every zelda since then has tried (like every other game) to go on graphics alone and with a lack of a story line.

sorry to jack