WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Zarqawi trying to spark a civil war in Iraq

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Serious shit. I finally found what I was looking for, what I couldn't find on sites like BBC news.

This is excellent material, I already learned this in international politics but I think everyone should know as well. If you're an "Iraq noob", or want to have a good read and thoughts, read this.

First, about the actual bombings and what Zarqawi said about waging a total war against Shias of Iraq (he's trying to spark a civil war!)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1570495,00.html

Read this to understand why most Sunnis reject the upcoming constitution
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1549574,00.html

The Sunnis are already pissed off that they're gonna be powerless in a federation. Shias know that. Zarqawi is currently organizing bombings against Shias to spark a civil war wich would basically cancel all the process towards federation.

Ok now that you've read that, tell me : do you think a federation in Iraq is a good idea, seeing as the way things are going right now, it's going right towards a civil war?

And FOR FUCKS SAKE CIA, you suck balls. Find Zarqawi and snipe him already.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
the guardian rocks for international news & so does google's international buttons or world if you cannot read in more than one language.

no, they should not become federated. federating iraq would be like playing pick up sticks vs. a game of pool; it would be unwise to assist in further segragting them. this would create the libyan, syrian, israeli, palestinian type of tension. not to mention iraq's neighbors would not like it if we gave the kurds the best hope they've had in years in creating "kurdistan". (which would likely create instability, unrest, civil war, & war atrocities involving the entire region- Iran, Turkey and Syria.) the kurds are about as likely to gain independence and their own state as hell is to freeze over!

back to my analogy, in making a new constitution and enforcing it, it is MUCH easier to control and deliberate by using the power of dynamics versus going at it piece meal. besides breaking them up would lessen their political, economic, and social abilities and weaken them all as a region. imagine going food shopping. if you have the option of going to one place for almost/or/for everything or to go from place to place to buy what you needed....who would give me the best, for the least, the quickest?

power of parity and dynamics would be the best option no matter how hopeless things seem. in order for this to work, they must start working together to survive. yet instead, we see them contemplating how to best serve revenge. a civil war is the last thing iraq needs.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
guardian :thumbsup:
bbc :thumbsup:
slate :thumbsup:
onion :thumbsup:

best purveyors of awful news..

zarqawi.. probably has a cia pension/healthcare.. they put muppets like him all around the world to keep our minds off the economy [/paranoia]

void said:
guardian :thumbsup:
bbc :thumbsup:
slate :thumbsup:
onion :thumbsup:

best purveyors of awful news..

zarqawi.. probably has a cia pension/healthcare.. they put muppets like him all around the world to keep our minds off the economy [/paranoia]
You forgot the Daily Show. :(
But Zarquawi actually is motivated to remove the Americans from his country. Osama on the other hand...

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
canadian_pov said:
You forgot the Daily Show. :(
But Zarquawi actually is motivated to remove the Americans from his country. Osama on the other hand...
lol @ his country

Zarqawi is Jordanian.. And he's not an islamist.. hmmm, makes you wonder.