WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Zelda: Twilight Princess Delayed! 2006?!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I Hate The FCC said:
Your humor bores me, does he not do anything else? :thumbsdn:
Sorry dude, but I don't feel like waiting another half year for a fucking game that was supposed to be released this fall. 3 1/2 years, Christ, I'll just fucking play Zork.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
just keep playing the 520 other zelda games out there... comon come up with something new instead of relying on a few characters that are more cult then good play.. they could put out mario does the laundry 3D and people would pay 40.99 for it cuz its mario...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Who cares about a game, you seriously get overworked and overexcited about games,hardware,software, and all that fuckin junk.
Why don't you post something other than that? It's getting really annoying.

And for the Record, all the Zelda games I've played, sucked.

necro

Postaholic
Smoke said:
You should be slapped. Either that, or you just haven't played the right games. Ocarina of Time for the 64 was by far the absolute best game I have ever owned. Majora's Mask ate shit compared to the former, because there was only 4 districts, if you will, unlike in OoT you had all of Hyrule to fuck with. The Wind Waker was pretty good in my opinion. Short, but good, none the less. Then, when you go way back, and you pick up A Link To The Past for SNES, the graphics ate, but considering the time period it was made in, that game was the shit. Now I hope you've learned your lesson. As a loyal Zelda player, I'll always buy the games, some are better than others, but Zelda owns. 'nuff said.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Darklight said:
just keep playing the 520 other zelda games out there... comon come up with something new instead of relying on a few characters that are more cult then good play.. they could put out mario does the laundry 3D and people would pay 40.99 for it cuz its mario...
I wouldn't :happysad:.

But I'd buy "Mario Pimps Peach."
Smoke said:
You're an avid Halo player. Case closed. it's nothing but Doom with superior graphics, and a fucking cash cow at that.

necro said:
You should be slapped. Either that, or you just haven't played the right games. Ocarina of Time for the 64 was by far the absolute best game I have ever owned. Majora's Mask ate shit compared to the former, because there was only 4 districts, if you will, unlike in OoT you had all of Hyrule to fuck with. The Wind Waker was pretty good in my opinion. Short, but good, none the less. Then, when you go way back, and you pick up A Link To The Past for SNES, the graphics ate, but considering the time period it was made in, that game was the shit. Now I hope you've learned your lesson. As a loyal Zelda player, I'll always buy the games, some are better than others, but Zelda owns. 'nuff said.
T H A N K Y O U .

The Windwaker is the worst game of all time, in my opinion, it failed compared to it's predecessors, but Smoke can't even comprehend a sentence anyway.

The big N kept gloating for a month how it would be ready fall of '05. Now it's pushed back. And it was near completion, too.

Thank you for pulling a Sega Saturn, Nintendo, you already raped me with the cube and left a happy N64 customer out to dry, you're gone.

necro

Postaholic
Descent said:
Thank you for pulling a Sega Saturn, Nintendo, you already raped me with the cube and left a happy N64 customer out to dry, you're gone.
I never fucked with sega, I played it at my cousins, but that was about it. I was always a diehard Nintendo fan. I was the 4 year old kid owning Duck Hunt on the NES, I practically fell from the womb with at orange gun in my hands. Then I was rewarded with an SNES, and eventually, the best system ever produced in my opinion, the N64. I think that game producing companies are fucking 'tards for stopping production of cartridge games. You could throw it out of a moving car and they wouldn't break, but if you try to put a disk back into it's case, it scratches. Disk Games = :thumbsdn: I think LoZ: OoT possibly had the best graphics for the console. But then they quit producing the N64, hence quit producing games. Bad move, Miyamoto. Then the GC came out with the smaller disk idea. Another bad call. The GC should have sold for aprox. 54.99, because it had less than half the functions compared to that of it's sony and microsoft competitors. I don't think it will be long before 'The Big N', as Descent put it, is floating belly up.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I've played Snes Zelda,
Boring.
Sega Zelda,
Boring.
N64 Zelda,
Beat it,
I don't bother w/ gamecube or any other console Zelda games.
Case closed.

necro

Postaholic
You do realize there were two N64 zelda games, right.

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
I've played Snes Zelda,
Boring.
Sega Zelda,
Boring.
N64 Zelda,
Beat it,
Case closed.
Well that's just your opinion, and doesn't prove a thing.

Descent

Hella Constipated
necro gone bad said:
I never fucked with sega, I played it at my cousins, but that was about it. I was always a diehard Nintendo fan. I was the 4 year old kid owning Duck Hunt on the NES, I practically fell from the womb with at orange gun in my hands. Then I was rewarded with an SNES, and eventually, the best system ever produced in my opinion, the N64. I think that game producing companies are fucking 'tards for stopping production of cartridge games. You could throw it out of a moving car and they wouldn't break, but if you try to put a disk back into it's case, it scratches. Disk Games = :thumbsdn: I think LoZ: OoT possibly had the best graphics for the console. But then they quit producing the N64, hence quit producing games. Bad move, Miyamoto. Then the GC came out with the smaller disk idea. Another bad call. The GC should have sold for aprox. 54.99, because it had less than half the functions compared to that of it's sony and microsoft competitors. I don't think it will be long before 'The Big N', as Descent put it, is floating belly up.
Amen.

At this point Nintendo made the same mistakes they did during the SNES vs. Genesis war in the 90's.

Marketing to a very small user base, children, and leaving customers who bought one for the titles they loved with the NES high and dry.

Sega did the same thing with the Saturn MARKETING WISE, HOWEVER it still had a great share of more mature titles.

And while the SNES eventually got Genesis-ass kicking versions of Mortal kombat 2 and 3, I'm not feeling any love.

Also, the Revolution looks like the GameCube 2 in terms of it's library so far.

Sega's reputation was HORRIBLE post-Saturn, and the Dreamcast was marketed beautifully, had excellent hardware, the best third party titles ever seen on a console, and a diverse and perfect library. It's first party blew balls, IMO, but from a hardware standpoint, it's all Sega. Innovative, fresh, powerful. From a software standpoint it's all God. Sega didn't do enough first party wise, IMO.

And Nintendo's pretty much reached that stage. One more generation of that and they'll be pushing up fiscal-daisies like Sega did for 10 years. They just reported their first profitable quarter in 10 years.

The Dreamcast, to this day, is my all-time favorite console, and it's back catalog has so much new and innovative software that I could literally be happy using only that for my next generation gaming, I can't say that about anything else. Not N64. Not Genesis.

Sega worked magic repairing their reputation - Nintendo chose not too, and hey guys, it's your loss.

Nobody gives a fuck that Saturn sucked anymore. Everyone reminsces how much the Dreamcast kicked ass, and that the poor thing was on the market for 18 months.

But if Nintendo pulls the same GamePube shit with the Revolution they'll have a legacy of crap that tops the Sega 32X/Saturn, and that's pretty hard to do.

And just like in 1995, ten years later I'm avoiding Nintendo to avoid potential frustration and failure, just like people did with Sega back then.

Cheers, Nintendo :mfinger:. Your new managers suck. With Hiroshi Yamauchi and Minoru Arkawa gone, your new guys will run Nintendo into the fucking ground, just like Hayao Nakayama did with the Saturn, and he was possibly the WORST CEO in history, an ethnocentric, arrogant, ignorant, cunt.

junglizm said:
Well that's just your opinion, and doesn't prove a thing.
Amen, he is also in agreement with .000000000000000000000000000000000001% of professional reviewers.

Go play E.T. on the Atari 2600, Smoke, then tell me what a crappy game is.

necro

Postaholic
Descent said:
Sega worked magic repairing their reputation - Nintendo chose not too, and hey guys, it's your loss.
If anything, it looks like Nintendo is eating the cowpie on purpose. As said before, They are adressing the complete wrong audience. I mean, a bunch of kids titles wouldn't hurt, but for the teenage\mid 20's bum who is too cheap to buy a PS2 or Xbox, I doubt he wants to invite his buddies over for a game of Super Monkey Ball. Actually, I liked that game. But still, they should have came out with mature titles, and it doesn't like they are trying. So as we stand, we are watching one of the most classic game production lines we all grew to know and love bite the big one. Way to go. :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
necro gone bad said:
If anything, it looks like Nintendo is eating the cowpie on purpose. As said before, They are adressing the complete wrong audience. I mean, a bunch of kids titles wouldn't hurt, but for the teenage\mid 20's bum who is too cheap to buy a PS2 or Xbox, I doubt he wants to invite his buddies over for a game of Super Monkey Ball. Actually, I liked that game. But still, they should have came out with mature titles, and it doesn't like they are trying. So as we stand, we are watching one of the most classic game production lines we all grew to know and love bite the big one. Way to go. :thumbsup:
Amen. Stupid fucking bastards.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Smoke said:
I've played Snes Zelda,
Boring.
Sega Zelda,
Boring.
N64 Zelda,
Beat it,
Case closed.
Actually I enjoyed the snes zelda.. didnt realize the ported it to sega... tho I've been in and out of the console scene.. N64 was gay anyway.. wont get lamecube cuz it only uses those stupid little mini dvds... the seXbox might as well be an alienware computer that is limited to only gaming. Now the gaystation seems to be a good system... Liked the PS1 and PS2.. though I only played other peoples PS2's... PS3 could be good... meby if they port zelda to the PS3...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Darklight said:
Actually I enjoyed the snes zelda.. didnt realize the ported it to sega... tho I've been in and out of the console scene.. N64 was gay anyway.. wont get lamecube cuz it only uses those stupid little mini dvds... the seXbox might as well be an alienware computer that is limited to only gaming. Now the gaystation seems to be a good system... Liked the PS1 and PS2.. though I only played other peoples PS2's... PS3 could be good... meby if they port zelda to the PS3...
They never ported it, Genesis owners had Phantasy Star II and III. I own a copy of II.

We never had Zelda in any way shape or form. The same guy who made Phantasy Star also invented the RPG with the first one, as well as Sonic the Hedgehog, and NiGHTS. The man known as Yuji Naka, could kick Miyamoto's ass any day of the week.

There were some lame Zelda titles for the Philips CD-i but it was only because of the failed SNES PlayStation project, Philips had the licenses to do a few of those and Hotel Mario.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
This sucks! My kid was countin on this for XMAS this year.

necro

Postaholic
TwisT said:
This sucks! My kid was countin on this for XMAS this year.
Tell your kid that necro of WTF.com gives him an e-high five for liking Zelda. Good taste, that lad. :thumbsup:

I remember getting games for Christmas, I used to be thrilled. Then my parents started making me actually WORK for them. Jerks :slap: